It's Official #I'm a stupid stupid man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
First let me set up the story before I say why I'm totally kicking myself up the rear end. I went to a lil holiday party for journalists tonight. Nothing too fancy or special.

Some people at my table were talking with an old college professor of mine when one of her friends walked up. The world seemed to have stopped the second I laid my eyes on her. She was absolutely gorgeous. :combust: And for a brief moment our eyes had met. I then smiled and glanced down so as to not appear rude for starring. She moved over to the other side of the table right across from me. I glanced up and caught her looking at me before she looked away.

Now, generally these industry related get-togethers are meant purely for networking (and blackmail for some poor unfortunate souls). There was absolutely no reason why I couldn't have walked right up to her and talked "shop." In fact, I'd just consumed the right amount of alcohol to have summed up the courage to do just that. But did I? *sigh* NO! And no, I do not know why! I ended up banging my head on the steering wheel over this. :rant: I'm half tempted to join the organization that she's a member of just so I can see her again but I'm afraid the moment has past.
brokenheart.gif

Trevor, Trevor, Trevor.
What to do with you eh?

Do you believe in fate and all that? Not necessarily specifics, more that if this woman is to be someone important, then this may not actually matter now? I dont know if I am all for all of that kind of thing, but so often I look back on things and think how at the time, it had to happen a certain way or it would never have moved on to what it was to eventually become. Dont know if that makes any sense...
Um....ok, this is going to sound loopy, but for me to have ever even MET my husband, we are able to trace life events back to when I was 15 for that to even happen. I didn't meet him until I was 19. There was an incident with some school work experience (to cut an extremely long story short) and some forms and a hairdresser in my local town, and although completely unrelated, it set a chain of events in motion that meant I would eventually meet him. Of course, for years, life meandered along with me not having a clue all this unrelated and somewhat banal stuff was actually heading somewhere.

Yeah, that makes a whole crap load of sense doesn't it....Sorry!
I'd say dont sweat it matie. Join this group thing if you have any kind of interest in it and it has the added benefit of you seeing her again. You can never tell what will happen as a result of that. All this could be happening for a reason, but unfortunately you wont know why until its happened.

When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade I say.

Amen to that, sistah.:yes:

Angela you hit the nail on the head.

Now trevor you go back and join that club if its the last thing you do!!!!:sexywink:

I would!

Lilly said:
uhh...ditto.

if anything, you'll be networking. :sexywink:

exatcly...so what have you got to lose?

sometimes we just gotta take that leap no matter what the outcome, or you'll keep kicking yourself for not trying....then all you'd have is a very sore rear end :sexywink:

Cleasai said:
I'm half tempted to join the organization that she's a member of just so I can see her again but I'm afraid the moment has past.
brokenheart.gif

Just get your butt in that organization RIGHT NOW!!! Go see her!

Awww, I :heart: that last broken heart smiley/face.

*sniff* aw thanks ya guys. It looks like I will be joining that CCNMA group afterall. Angela, I did understand every word you said. and it was a sweet story too :) Lilly, I can hope that I'll be hope that I'll be networking with her heh heh. Sicy, thank you for not slapping me this time heh heh. And finally for everyone, :hug:

I'm sorry I've turned this forum into a pity party lately. I promise to start posting happy posts from now on ;)

I always thought you were a woman! :reject:

Sorry Cleasai!

Like everyone else said, join the club! :der: I mean- go after her!!!! :love:

oh, oh oh....

I got an idea....

In the back of the local Alternative weekly (where the true journalistic stories are found)...they have ads for people that say "I saw you."

Run one of these ads - like in the personals.....lot's o' people read them.

yeah. do that.

Back
Top Bottom