It's official #I'm a nervous wreck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm a nervous wreck because my parents are coming back from France tomorrow and the house is currently the Mess From Hell. I'm the world's worst housekeeper. I'm going to be toast. :hyper: :hyper: :yikes: :help: :uhoh: :censored: :censored:

I can blame the Birmingham News for making all of these damn newspapers that are currently cluttering the kitchen table.

blame the geomagnetic storm :sexywink:

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=scienceNews&storyID=3687985&section=news

Geomagnetic Storm Hits Earth, Tweaking Power Grids
Sat 25 October, 2003 00:45 BST

DENVER (Reuters) - The Earth's magnetic field was bombarded with extra energy from the Sun on Friday when a geomagnetic storm sent charged particles that affected electric utilities, airline communications and satellite navigation systems.

"We predicted it would be a mid-level storm, a G-3, and that's where it is," said Joe Kunches, chief of space weather operations at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Space Environment Center in Boulder, Colorado.

The storm started around 11 a.m. eastern time and is expected to last through the weekend, Kunches said.

Electric utilities and other high-technology users were notified about the storm and no serious problems have been reported.

"We've heard from the power grid operators. They're doing OK, but they're seeing the effects of the storm in their data," Kunches said.

In a G-3 storm, power systems may need to correct voltage.

Communications systems in northern Canada have also seen some impact from the effects of the storm.

During the storm the sun sends more energy toward the Earth than usual. "The earth's magnetic field pulls it in ... and is now trying to balance it," Kunches said.

The effect can be felt worldwide and may even be more intense on the side of the Earth in darkness which is trying to "dump" the extra energy, he said.

Glad things worked out. You could have always blamed it on me though. Everything is my fault. Just ask my cats and Waldo!

Back
Top Bottom