it's official # I went to the faire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
That's right, a faire, as in medieval re-enactment. We had a huge gathering in a town just north of here. We wore our medieval costumes, had knights in shining armor fighting (and having a blast), had a feast (where I served the rather, uh, modern function of a tea-server) and did all sorts of fun things. I'm tired, I'm ready for bed!

Have you ever listened to Blackmore's Night, verte? I bet you'd like them. I happened to be listenin' to 'em earlier tonight. :heart:

i love the renaissance / medieval festivals. i go to scarborough fair down here every year. one of these times i think it would be fun to go dressed up :cute:

i hope you took pics to post verte! :wink:

I went to a Celtic faire today. :yes:

There was a band called Trouble in the Glen they were sooo good! :dance: :dance:

Got hit on by a sixty year old man in a kilt. :huh: :sexywink:

I used to love our faire. :heart: I have the costume and everything. But it's really gone downhill and it probably won't survive the next couple of years.

We went as Frodo and Sam this year as something different--and you know a Ren faire has gone downhill when people can't recognize hobbits.

I worked at a Medieval Banquet for 7 years. It's in Nottingham and is Robin Hood themed.

I started out as a serving wench :laugh: but then they promoted me to maid marion :up:

It was fun. There was sword fights and jousting and jesters and fire eating. And when I was Maid Marion, Robin Hood would swing down from a balcony on a rope to save me from the evil clutches of Guy of Guisbourne and the Sheriff of Nottingham

http://www.sheriffslodge.co.uk/

I don't have pictures yet (I don't have a camera). I'm going to try to get some from someone else in the group. Whew, I'm still tired but I had a blast.

In highschool, the choir department put on a medevil banquet every year around Christmas time ... I was a serving wench ... :)

Bonochick said:
Have you ever listened to Blackmore's Night, verte? I bet you'd like them. I happened to be listenin' to 'em earlier tonight. :heart:

Sorry I didn't answer earlier! Damn these sciatica meds they are causing brain damage. :censored: :censored: No, I haven't but I'd probably love them! Can you order their CD's anywhere on the Internet? I'd like to check them out.

Back
Top Bottom