it's official # I survived a dental appointment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just got back from getting a filling at the dental clinic today. I was really stressed about it before I went. I'm glad I'm through with it!

I got a filling re-done ("They don't last for ever" that was news to me) and right when he started over their speakers started "I Still Havn't Found What I'm Looking For!" Thank goodness it was a long one!

Yes, needles are bad. Waw, but you survived!

Dentists :evil:
I'm glad it went okay. It certainly isn't a fun experiance.

The last time I had fillilings, I had to be given some kind of pill that made me not care about anything. I ended up going into the coffee shop where I work afterwards and fell out of a chair. Not to mention make a lot of noise in general.

I ended up not remembering a thing. The only way I know the above happened was because
a) Everyone there loves to talk about it.
b) I saw it on the security camera a couple of days later. :blush:

MySuicidalTurtle said:
I got a filling re-done and right when he started over their speakers started "I Still Havn't Found What I'm Looking For!"

Once when I was at the dentist, he was playing the music from the death scene in the movie Gallipoli. I said "um, this is the death scene from Gallipoli" and he said " its a lovely piece of music " :uhoh:

I haddnt gone to the dentist in like 6 years or something.. and decided to go last month :| I had 3 cavities and needed a deep cleaning. Horrible experience. I will be going to get my teeth cleaned on a regular basis from now on.

The worst dental experience I ever had was a root canal that got infected. Horrors! I got fever of 103, was in terrible pain and had to take a heavy duty pain pill, not to mention antibiotics. It was a nightmare. I hope that never happens to me again.

tiny dancer said:

I hope you never have to have a root canal. :scream:

I've been thinking for a while I should go for a checkup, even though I know it will end up costing me much pain and money. A couple of weeks ago I bumped into a friend who'd just been to her dentist and then the other night we were all out when she was telling another friend of ours how we saw each other on that day and she now had to go back again - for a root canal. I was nearly sick as she was describing what she needs doing explaining how he will be drilling up into her gum....ugh.

I have a theory about mental association and dentists. For me it's partly that sterile smell of the place and also the whine. Even the water tap seems to whine. I wonder if it would be a bit better if I could take some headphones in and drown out the noise...

:hmm:

I'm still scared. I might just wait for my teeth to all fall out and get dentures.
:up:

Well, they do gas you out when they do the root canal, and that's sort of fun. Then the recuperation is a bit of a pain. It's really bad when you get an infection like I did three years ago. I will never forget having to go back to the dentist with a fever of 103, picking up the prescriptions, and having to spend a f:censored:g week in bed.

Back
Top Bottom