It's Official # I need to tell a lie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
:|

I'm currently working in a bank. Anyway, as my XC thread about a month back, I applied for this job as a research assistant at a hospital and I got the position! Now the only problem is that they want me to start on June 2. Which is fine except...

I have tickets to see Coldplay on June 6 (Friday) and they're GA, which means I'll have to line up in the morning....and I can't make my friends line up without me since I'm the one who bought the tickets, initiated this entire concert thing, am driving down, etc. It was like, their introduction to Coldplay. We were going to make a day of it, line up, have fun...

Originally, see, I was going to leave my bank job on June 5, allowing me the 6th off to go see the show...

So what do I do? I very well could, um, fib, and say I have a doctor's appt. But the only problem is, I actually have a doctor's appt. on June 12 that I can't miss/reschedule (made it months in advance).

How do I see Coldplay and still get in good with the new boss? :yikes:

What about 2 appointments with the doc? Say, at the first meeting he was checking you, but said you have to come back again on the 12th to do another check, and you know, sorry sorry, but be careful with your health, and it?s really important, and you really hope you will be fine, and for sure this won?t happen again, dear boss.

:huh: I'm going to Toronto....that's June 6th, no? *Coldplay website*

11.06.2003...oh...that changes EVERYTHING. How the heck did I screw this up? Geez...I bought my tickets through the Coldplay website months ago. I still haven't gotten them. No wonder I'm confused....

How can I miss the 11th (Wednesday...who has concerts on Wednesday) and then half of the 12th? (The morning half)...Will the doctor/doctor apt. thing work?

Like I really needed this kind of stress....gah!

Last edited:
Well, I am afraid to say that on two days in a row the doc thing seems a little... as if you were spending the night with him. Imo, you should reschedule the 12th appointment. Or think of sth. like family issues.

Or, if your boss is nice, simply tell the truth?

I am sure others have better ideas. :reject:

I've never met the boss....it's a brand new job..in fact, I won't be starting until the week before, so I feel guilty....ideally, I wish I could reschedule the doc's appt. for the 11th, and all would be well, but I highly doubt that'll work...

HELP ME!

its horrible and you probably dont want to do it family issues is the way to go. you're a research assistant, chances are the boss will be cool with it (a general comment on the people who work in that type of environment)

Yeah!

I didn't feel completely comfortable telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so I e-mailed my boss (I haven't started working there yet) and mentioned the doc's appt. on the 12 and a 'previous engagement' on the 11th. He was completely understanding and nice about it! I can't WAIT to start working there! Whoo hay!

Now if only my Coldplay tickets would come in the mail...*worries*

Previous engagement sounds great. I am sure he thought it was a date :D

And a nice boss always allows dates (if you make him a lot of cash).

Back
Top Bottom