its official: I need to go.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
I put this in the wrong forum so i was hoping to get some feedback here ..

i definitely want to study abroad in ireland for a month or so this upcoming school year..ill be a senior which is also the easiest year in my school so itd be no problem...
i just dont want to go through one of those programs that make you pay like $4000.
any suggestions?
~slainte~

From what I know of study abroad programs, students either go for a summer term (usually a month to six weeks) or for a semester. I've never heard of a program where you only go for a month anytime other than in the summer, since it would interrupt other classes.

Your best bet is to start by talking to someone from the study abroad program for your school. If you go to a larger school, there should be a study abroad office. If you go to a smaller school, the program may be run by a faculty member. Most schools have a set of classes they offer in various countries; if your school doesn't offer a program in Ireland, they may be able to help you arrange a study abroad trip through another school. You'll have to make sure the credits will transfer, though.

I encourage you to go in an immersion program if possible. That means you'd be going to an Irish school with Irish students, not just with a bunch of American students, which I think prevents students from getting everything from the experience that they can.

A semester abroad costs more than a semester on campus. $4000 isn't an unreasonable fee, from what I've heard from students I've had who have studied abroad. If that money covers living expenses or side trips (students typically have long weekends when studying abroad to give them time to travel), it may be a good option.

The key is to plan ahead. I'd say it's already too late to plan to study abroad in the fall, but your school might offer a winter term, or else you can make sure you get the last of your graduation requirements out of the way in the fall so you can go in the spring.

I agree with BonoIsMyMuse - studying abroad is going to be expensive. It's absolutely worth every penny, though.

When I was in university I spent a semester going to school in Ireland. It was several thousand dollars for the program, and that wasn't including my airfare, and a few other things. Most was included though, which was great.

It was a fantastic experience, and I highly recommend it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm always happy to talk about my experience. :)

lol nope sorry its not about going to the bathroom....
thanks for the advice. id really like to go to mount temple and study =D
i do go to a small school i think id have to talk to my french teacher.
thora could i have your email;; i would like to talk to someone whos done this before thankss

I have a feeling we may have lost em

Why did you have to go and ruin your thread?

it contained such mystery.

suspense.

Toilet humor!

That's often
5stars.gif
worthy.

:angry:

Why Mount Temple?

Do you know anything about the quality of the school and it's teachers or the curriculum?

Or is it just because members of a certain band, which shall remain nameless, attended the school?

Nowthat I have got that off my chest ...

TOILETS!

English_Turn_toilet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom