It's official #I might be famous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
well maybe! who knows! lol!

One of my photos has been selected to be published!
:happy: :hyper:

This is the photo that was selected that I took (of Hoover Dam) when we had the interference gathering in Vegas for St. Patrick's Day :) I took it from the plane as it was landing.

1255709.jpg

I was searching for photo sites a while back, and found photos.com.

They were having a photo contest, and just for the heck of it I entered, not really expecting to hear anything back. A few weeks ago I received a letter from them saying my photo had been selected to be published in a photo book they are publishing! Also, they have a drawing in which I could win $10,000, but I see that as more unlikely. But still, it will be cool to have a photo actually published! They give you a photo credit too! Unfortunately they want you to buy their book ($60 something dollars :eek: ), but the good news is it is not required. And if you do buy the book from them, you get a 20% discount or something like that. From what I've read, the book will be available at most book stores as well. It's a hard bound, very nice coffee table type book.

The other thing I'm not sure if I should do or not, is you can also register your photo to receive royalties. The photo would also then be used as stock photography. Registration is Free, so I guess I don't have anything to lose right? :shrug:

Last edited:
be careful of those things. i found out from someone that if you dont copyright your stuff before you submit your work, i think those sites end up owning your stuff if they publish it. check it out. make sure thats not the case.

my first post in io in a long time deals with copyright law:slant:

icelle said:
be careful of those things. i found out from someone that if you dont copyright your stuff before you submit your work, i think those sites end up owning your stuff if they publish it. check it out. make sure thats not the case.

i assume that would be their advantage in the individual 'registering' the work for royalties. you would essentially be handing your copyright over for a nominal fee from the web site every time it is used by a third party.

but i could very well be wrong.

icelle said:

:up:

They actually mailed me a form to fill out for copyright to guarantee that I'm the copyright owner and that no one else took the photo. Also, when I checked the website, the small print under the photo had the copyright symbol and my name next to it :D I was happy to see that since I haven't actually had time to mail them back the form yet :uhoh:

I hope this is all cool like the site says too ABEL. Have you heard of (I think its called this) poetry.com? Icelle's post made me wonder, it sounds like the same kind of thing. They randomly pick people, based on actual merit, then charge $60 for the book of poems and it ends up being a money spinner for them.

But there's no saying this is the same. I hope it isn't and it is all good. Either way, its a beautiful photo and was picked because of that.

:up:

:hug:

That is AWESOME!
I have tried to take aerial pics and they never turned out as good as yours.
:bow: :applaud:

my aerial pics never used to turn out either till I got my digital camera that has a zoom on it

:heart: digital camera :heart:

ABEL said:
my aerial pics never used to turn out either till I got my digital camera that has a zoom on it

:heart: digital camera :heart:

I have a digi too.
Only 1.3 mega pixels.
My zoom shots look like the stairway to heaven.
I would like someday to invest into a better one.

I won my camera at work :heart: 3.2 mega pixels...it's a Sony :happy:

:hmm: wouldn't that be ironic if I won a photo contest with a photo taken with a camera that I won? :lol: :der:

ABEL said:
I won my camera at work :heart: 3.2 mega pixels...it's a Sony :happy:

:hmm: wouldn't that be ironic if I won a photo contest with a photo taken with a camera that I won? :lol: :der:

WOW. Thats an excellent twist.
I hope you do win. It really is a great shot.
And, if you do win, you ARE going to throw a party.
Correct?:yes: :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom