It's official I might be...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
...buying a pet.

There's this pet store in our town with a big variety of choices. This is a Rocky-mountains kind of huge "I might" but I'm vaguely considering it.

I'm thinking something like a hamster or a guinea pig, maybe a lil' turtle.

Dogs & cats people calm down! ;-)

Sicy said:
Those arent real pets.

Pffft...says who?

Pet is a pet, no matter the size.

Nah I'd go for a kitty or a puppy, but no one would be able to take care of it during the day (at least till 3:30 pm), and my brother tried that once but my parents weren't too fond.

Screaming Flower said:
mojo, i thought you were going to say you were pregnant.

Yep, that's what I thought too :crazy:

Pocket pets are ok I guess, but definitely don't buy a puppy or kitten from a pet store - not good :no:

I love my kitty

Be careful Guinea Pigs bite.

As a matter of fact all animals can bite you if so inclined.

:no: don't get a puppy mill puppy :sad:
At least on the good side a lot of those pet stores are slowly going out of business. The ones that do stay in business don't sell dogs and cats that come from mills or farms.

They are so real pets! :mad:

I've had a total of 8 hamsters in my life (7 have passed...right now, I have my Benny!). I've also had two turtles, but we had to find them a new home when we had to move. :sigh: Fortunately, we found a zoo to donate them too...and they had just finished a nice new turtle exhibit for them to live in. :) I also had a guinea pig when I was little...Dusty Rose! :cute:

I :heart: pets...right now, besides the hamster, I have a newt, a fish, 2 dogs, a nd 4 cats. They are so wonderful to have around! :hug:

I have fish and a little froggy. To me they are pets. :cute:

Don't get a hamster though u2girlie, they only live for one year. :|

:wave: my votes for the turtle! (but I hear they smell) :crack:

Angel said:
Don't get a hamster though u2girlie, they only live for one year. :|

That's no reason to not get one! They are such enjoyable pets...they may have a short life, but you can make it a wonderful one for them. :) My mouse Morris only lived a year and a half...but I'm sure many of you remember how close I was to him and how much I loved him. It hurts that they don't live a long time...but the joy you get during that short period is wonderful. :cute:

:wave: my votes for the turtle! (but I hear they smell) :crack:

Yeah...I will confess...they DO reek, if they aren't cleaned a lot. Poor Dad always had that job...he used to even scrub their shells for 'em (they liked that!). :)

Last edited:
bloody hell you are a scandal monger screamer! Leave the poor girl alone.

even though I thought for a sec she was gonna say she was engaged...

But ANYWAYS................

Get a fish or a bird! I want either of them, but so do the cats. they keep at me, 'when are we getting a fish or bird to play with?' Its always the same response. When the fat lazy hairy arsed buggers get off their collective butts and contribute to this household, they can have a say in which livestock we acquire.

Or a turtle. Turtles look so cool :D Do you need a licence over there to keep one? One of my friends wants one, but that is only so he can call it Turtus. But he's an alcoholic, so dont mind him.
:wave:

I had a pet bird for a while

me and dad found it on the road...it must have gotten hit...so we took it home and put it in a cardboard box and fed it

I think it died :(

that was a long time ago

that happened again

me and my cousin found a bird on the basketball court in my back yard and we took it and made it better and IT lived!!! :)

I am shocked at ideas SOME people get here

Screaming Flower said:
mojo, i thought you were going to say you were pregnant.

Erm...

nope.

LMAO so hamsters live for one year, guinea pigs bite and turtles reek. How helpful LOL

ehm i just might go with a kitty after all

Angela: engaged? Nope, no such thing here.

On second thought, now you got me all thinking about the lack of any candidates for what some people thought I was gonna say.

and I should be more careful what I do or do not tell you! LOL, I never knew people assume things like that about me.

Smoochie poohs to Maja and the screamer :D
:hug:

Mojo, you're only single sweetie cos no fella has proved himself good enough for you yet. Dont change that!

:wave:

Thanks

Smoochie pooh = a hug?

Meh, me being single has more to do with me being a chicken about searching. I don't think any guys would exactly want to prove anything to me. :shrug:

I don't think I told you this, Angela, but I always misread your location for " Bonodocks" . :lol:

~@~

U2girl said:
Pet is a pet, no matter the size

..or as one Pommie comedy once stated...why not go get yourself a tin of salmon..tie a piece of string to the outside and walk it here and there..cheap and clean to look after..if it misbehaves..threaten it with a tin opener!

..there will be a lucky guy out there for you Maja..sometimes you don't even have to necessarily force it to happen by contradicting your shy and reserved approach because often it can creep up on you without looking..~..and then you can both look after your tin of salmon...

Back
Top Bottom