It's Official I love my family...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
I have been dealing with the most stressful events of my life this past week which I never ever want to repeat. My mother is in the hospital right now recovering from a serious infection that could have taken her life and had to have surgery this morning to remove her gallbladder. My 6 yr old nephew was rushed to a different hospital this evening on his birthday due to dehydration from a virus and was faced the possibility of having meningitis. I am thankful that mom has fought off the infection and that the final lab results came back that ruled out meningitis. my mother and nephew will be released tomorrow. :D

I am thanking God right now for the fact that I have such a wonderful and supportive family. However at this very minute I am emotionally and physically worn out, i have been running in between hospitals and had to be the strong one for my brother and his wife tonight. The past 4 months have been the most painful and stressful time in my life, and it has made me realized the importance of family and friends. All i know is that Thanksgiving this year will hold a very special meaning to me.

Wow, Iris, you've really had a full plate :hug:

I'm really glad it looks like everything is going to be ok - thanks for the reminder to be grateful for our family and our health, it is too easy to take them for granted.

If anyone knows how you feel its me. The whole thing with my brother, and my cat dying at the same time was enough to make me :crazy: and still is. You just have to be so happy that your mom and your nephew will be ok. Same with my brother.

:hug:

Hang in there. Good to hear that everyone is on the mend.

I have had close calls with both of my parents. It is a very stressful and emotional time.

Back
Top Bottom