It's Official, I have resigned....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
from the Republican Town Committee and the Republican Party.

FYM has corrupted me.

I am taking some time off, and I am deciding to make them work for my vote.

Independant.:huh:

congratulations. :D

i think. :slant:

independents are where it's at. :shifty:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who's incredibly politically confused. it makes me feel better. :huh:

Welcome to my world!!. It's alot of research this voting thing, even though I've been doing it for years, decades in fact.
Still haven't found what I'm looking for.
*time for bed*
Got to listen to October first* love this piano part. nite,nite

Last edited:
does it matter what party your in, if you vote? like say if i was republican, and then i voted for clinton? :shrug:

icelle said:
does it matter what party your in, if you vote? like say if i was republican, and then i voted for clinton? :shrug:
naah. well, see, it depends. for the president, it doesn't matter.

but for primaries, it can vary by state. some states don't care about your political affiliation at all. they didn't even ask me mine when i registered to vote. they probably figure everyone here is republican! but in florida, if you're registered as an independent, you can't even vote in the primaries. also, in some states, you have to vote for your parties' primary elections. meaning if you're registered republican, you'd have to vote in the republican "

Submit Reply

i just couldn't edit my above post because that's just too damn weird!! wtf happened? luckily when i went back to what i'd typed, my real post was there. so here goes:

icelle said:
naah. well, see, it depends. for the president, it doesn't matter.

but for primaries, it can vary by state. some states don't care about your political affiliation at all. they didn't even ask me mine when i registered to vote. they probably figure everyone here is republican! but in florida, if you're registered as an independent, you can't even vote in the primaries. also, in some states, you have to vote for your parties' primary elections. meaning if you're registered republican, you'd have to vote in the republican primaries, not the democratic.

so if i were to ever want to change political parties (if i ever did it would be to independent, i'd never change to republican!) i'd do it asap if i lived in a state where it mattered. unfortunately, since the only state i've lived in where i've been old enough to vote in doesn't seem to care, i don't know how you'd go about finding this stuff out. so i'd guess find some political savvy person in your state, and ask them how they vote in the primaries and such. if you have to vote by party, if you're thinking of changing, you may want to consider doing it before elections come up.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i just couldn't edit my above post because that's just too damn weird!! wtf happened? luckily when i went back to what i'd typed, my real post was there.

:shifty:

good for you!

i was a right wing nutjob three years ago, and i finally faced up to the facts. im not saying all right wingers are crazy, im just saying what i was.

i still am stupid mind you. but at least i dont like bush. and i mean that in every possible (even sexual) way.

go greens.

oh and btw, what made you realize you didnt want to be a part of the party any more? the sheer arrogance and stupidity of the current administration or the actual political leanings the party shares?

Last edited:
I'm an independent. We don't register by parties in Alabama. If you want to be partisan you sign up with the party. I haven't signed up with a party.

Lemurs and Penguins :hyper:

I just vote for the person who I think is going to do the best job, regardless of the party they're in...although I'm a registered democrat cuz that's how I've voted :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom