It's Official - I got scared a lot by unscary things when I was (alot) younger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
I remember watching this black and white tarzan movie on the telly. These explorers kept getting shot in the back with burning arrows from savage natives, as they tried to make it up a mountain path.

Gave me nightmares for years.

As did

That crap Michael Cain film about bees - The Swarm

The Muppets

and the Saturday morning kids show Tizwas. (Sally James was horny though.)

Bow%20&%20Arrow.jpg

PLUS

Fire-Arrow.jpg

EQUALS

FX106_PRINT.jpg

Don't play in the jungle, my friend....:hyper:

Last edited:
i think my irrational fear of david bowie in labyrinth belongs in this thread. that movie scared the hell out of me when i was 8.

IWasBored said:
i think my irrational fear of david bowie in labyrinth belongs in this thread. that movie scared the hell out of me when i was 8.

You're dead right, very scary,

The creepiest part was when she was sitting in her bedroom, but it wasn't really her bedroom, and then this ugly muppet woman with a big packpack came crashing in, going on about dollies.

When Poltergeist came out in 1982 (I believe it was the summer), the older neighborhood kids took us younger ones to see this in the theater. Our parents were just thrilled to get us out of their hair so they let us go - no questions asked. There were about a dozen of us w/ the oldest being about 13. The movie theater had no problem letting all of us minors in to see Poltergeist. I saw the movie and have never been the same.

I wasn't even 7 yet.:shocked:

I used to think there really was gremlins under my bed, so i used to stand at the door and jump the 3ft into bed, i did that every night for God knows how long! And if anything dropped down there....bad luck.....it stayed there!!

IWasBored said:

I LOVED and still love that movie:love:

althought those things that danced around the fire and pulled thier heads off freaked me out...they still do:sad:

ThoraSEB said:
I watched Candyman at a friend's birthday party when I was a kid. I had nightmares for weeks after that. :reject:

me TOO!!!! That was the first real "horror" movie I saw....I still cannot look in a mirror at night:sad:

My parents had a plastic Santa that was maybe 4 feet high. And I was scared to death of it! :ohmy:

My parents would laugh asking why I was frightened of Santa - they asked me if I liked Santa. I told them I did, but I didn't like this thing.

Then, one day, when I was around 8, I realized I was taller than it - and suddenly all fear washed out of me. I saw it for the plastic decoration it was - not this evil entity! :wink:

I had trouble sleeping for months after seeing Ernest Scared Stupid. And whenever I'd use the washroom, I'd check behind the shower curtains to make sure there were no goblins

Back
Top Bottom