It's Official: I Found My Long Lost Best Friend!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
So...I had just hung up with John, and my phone rings. I'm assuming it's him when I answer...but it wasn't...it was one of my old best friends Katie...I have not talked to her for about two years because I had no way to get ahold of her.

BC: Hello?

Katie: Kate? (My friends back home call me Katie or Kate...there were 3 of us named Katie in our small circle of friends LOL).

BC: Yeah?

Katie: It's me...Katie (says her last name).

BC: Oh my God!

Katie: Why did you never write back?

BC: I lost the letter...I lost your address! I asked everybody if they knew how to contact you, and they said they didn't know what happened to you!!! Where are you??

Katie: Florida...(a far cry from our Michigan hometown!!!!!)...with Johnny...and I'm pregnant.

BC: *falls off of her chair*

:hyper:

So...we talked for two hours...got caught up on things. As you can see, she is with her boyfriend Johnny, and she is two months pregnant. They have a house together in Florida ("You have to come visit us!!!!"). We found out that we both like to get roast beef subs from Subway on Italian bread with lots of olives and no cheese...we swapped our funny sex shop stories...I told her my grandma had died, she told me her grandma had died...we talked about how "Blue's Clues" isn't the same with the new host...I told her about how I am graduating...she told me stories of her past jobs...we reminisced about the crazy, funny shit we did in high school and the good times we had. We also talked about how it is funny that we are both named Katie, our last names make the same ending sound, and we both have boyfriends named Johnny (my sweetheart, obviously, is John, but I call him Johnny at times).

I have missed her so much...I'd been thinking about her a lot lately. She said she was scared to call me. She thought I hated her after I didn't reply to her letter. But she had held onto my number and stumbled across it tonight...thought she'd try to give me a call.

I've missed her so much...I want to get down to Florida to visit her. Probably not for awhile, but I will definitely get down there someday!

I have a massive case of warm fuzzies right now. :hug:

aww that's so great BC! :hug:

it's funny, last night I was actually thinking of some of the friends in my life from my childhood and recent years that I've lost contact with....

there's one girl I used to write to all the time from Michigan...she had a U2 fanzine...I've often wondered what happened to her after she went off to college, I never heard from her again...maybe I should ask about her fanzine in EYKIW, maybe someone's heard of her, maybe she even posts here :hmm:

What kind of thread would this be without some stories??????? :D

~Katie used to work at a fast food joint. They sold struedel bites, but the "R" on the sign was just a "P" with the little leg colored on...but it faded away, so it looked like it said STPUEDEL BITES. We used to drive our "invisible car" through the drive-thru all the time and order "stpuedel bites". :laugh: We drove a real car through backwards once (aren't high schoolers idiots??? :laugh: ).

~One time, our friend Wayne took us for a ride out in the middle of nowhere cuz we were all bored. It was snowing kinda bad, and Katie and I decided to play "Flash The Driver" from the backseat. Unfortunately, we distracted him too much, and he ran the car off the road, and we got stuck in a ditch. We didn't have coats, and we were all freezing cold and stranded. As a joke, I said, "Wayne, if we aren't going to find help, will you fuck me so I don't die a virgin?" Well, after we found help and were able to get home...Katie told EVERYBODY that I said that...and it became one of our big jokes. :laugh:

~One time, we drove around town topless. :ohmy: :silent:

Memories............

~She moved out of her house during our senior year and got an apartment with a friend of ours. They got a kitten named Nookie, and we would sit and listen to Eminem everyday.

~One time, Katie was nervous to meet this guy that her friend wanted to hook her up with...I was trying to drive her there, but she freaked out everytime we got close. We ended up stoppin' at Shelly's Beer Depot, this crappy little joint a few blocks from his house so that she could call him from the pay phone to work up some nerve. I was sittin' in the car with my window rolled down, and he had a ginormous snake that he shoved right in my face unexpectedly. I almost died. :uhoh: *hates snakes*

~One time, for her birthday, I bought her an assload of "Blue's Clues" toys...there was so much stuff that I just filled a giant garbage bag, put a bow on it, and brought it to school like that. She told me she still has all of those toys.

~My first encounter with drugs: A group of us went to her brother's friend's house. She knew I would freak out if I knew I was around drugs, so they put on an episode of "Blue's Clues" and plunked me in front of the TV, hopin' it would distract me...and it did. Just about everybody was sittin' behind me, smokin' pot. I didn't find out about it until about a week later.

Katie: Dude, they were ALL smoking pot.

BC: No way.........

Katie: Didn't you even SMELL it??!?!?!

BC: I don't know what the stuff smells like! I was just watchin' "Blue's Clues"!

Katie: Oh my God, Kate..............seriously..........aren't you supposed to be the smart one????

:laugh:

Bonochick said:
we talked about how "Blue's Clues" isn't the same with the new host...

yeah dude. I miss steve. That new guy sucks ass.

:heart: STEVE: :drool:
:down: NEW GUY :angry:

Yay for you on the old friend calling! Thats always fun!

OMC!

So she calls me again before...and asks where exactly in Michigan I moved to when I had to move downstate. I told her, and she asked me if I knew how far it was from a certain city. I'm like, umm...that's one of our tri-cities! Turns out that Johnny has relatives that live there! They are going to be in the area on the 19th! :hyper: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom