It's official # I don't like my Step Dad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dad remarried when I was 23 and out of the house. I don't really see her as my stepmother. It's weird that I have stepbrothers and a stepsister I have never met - I don't even know their names :huh:

My dad remarried when I was 8, and my mom remarried three times (almost four, but they broke off the engagement). I lived with my dad growing up, so my stepmom and stepbrothers (two, both older than me, one by three years, the other by six...I think...:scratch: ) were more of an issue than any of my stepdads (though I didn't like any of them either). My stepbrothers and I never got along, and I haven't seen either of them in years and doubt I will again since I live in a different country now and they live nowhere near my dad and stepmom. Anyway, I used to always fight with my stepmom when I lived at home, and even when I was in college, but we've been getting along better in the past three years since we only see each other once or twice a year! Still, things can get tense if I visit for a while (like last Christmas when I was there for a week and a half). I guess I've just learned to let her comments and things roll off my back and have just accepted the fact that we're very different people and there's no use arguing with her because it won't change her mind. :shrug: Then again, I'm not sure I could have done that when I lived at home. :|

My mom is my dad's second wife and him and his first wife had 3 kids. I never see them and 2 of them I really hate...the one stepsister of mine is really nice but she lives out in Las Vegas so I really never see her but like every 5 years or so. I still consider myself an only child.

bonosloveslave said:
My dad remarried when I was 23 and out of the house. I don't really see her as my stepmother. It's weird that I have stepbrothers and a stepsister I have never met - I don't even know their names :huh:

almost the same for me, except i was 25, my mom had died a year earlier and my dad remarried. i have a step brother and step sister that i don't even know because she never allowed us to go to the house to see my dad. even now, he has to sneak out to see us. and its been 16 years!

Doozer61 said:

almost the same for me, except i was 25, my mom had died a year earlier and my dad remarried. i have a step brother and step sister that i don't even know because she never allowed us to go to the house to see my dad. even now, he has to sneak out to see us. and its been 16 years!

She's an evil, evil woman :tsk: :down:

I've been in the family for 15 years and I've never even laid eyes on her. And yes, its pretty sad that my 80-something year old father-in-law has to sneak around to see his own kids.

:mad: Wow, that is so awful!

My step dad is just selfish. He's still new to our family and he needs to learn that. He tries to be nagative twords my dad, which he has no reason to be. He came from a f*cked up family so thinks we should be like that. He doesn't like the fact me and my sister have a very good relationship with both our parents. It's weird:scratch:

Doozer61 said:

:down::mad:

My stepmom always used to tell me that if she and my dad got divorced, it would be my fault. :huh: I don't understand why some step-parents are so jealous of their stepkids' relationships with their parents. And my dad and I aren't even remotely close! I understand that it might be awkward at first, but I don't get the extreme animosity.

yeah, i know, its not like we were kids running around. i did still live at home but we were all adults. and she didn't even want to get to know us. i had to move out when he decided to marry her because she didn't want me there and she wanted her kids to live there. :rant:

My evil step mother is Canadian. She took all the pictures and Australian paintings down from the walls and put up Canadian ones - with snow etc. Our paintings had desert, the odd tree, a mine shaft that kinda thing.

She also put a fricking huge glass moose right inside the front door way.

I dont see her kids either. I have met them. I was 16 when my parents divorced so basically an adult. So at least we didnt have to live with them.

My dad remarried ONE MONTH after the divorce was final, and my step-mother (or step-monster, as we call her), is an evil, evil person. My brother lived with them, and I lived with my grandparents (long story), so at least I didn't have to deal with her 24/7. My brother has told me stories about what went on in that house that are unbelievable! :sick: I won't go into detail, but it wasn't pretty. My dad never stood up for me or my brother with her, no matter how she trashed us, which is why neither Jim nor I speak to them. :|

i'm not entirely sure if my dad did actually remarry. my brother has met the whole 'step' family, but i don't consider them anything since i don't have anything to do with them.

the doozer/baw's step-psycho...she sounds evil...i can see the person my dad is with being like that. she doesn't like to have my brother over to the house when he has to go for visitation, and apparently calls to check up on them.

She also put a fricking huge glass moose right inside the front door way.

:down: i'd have been in trouble within 5 minutes of that thing, because i would have taken a hammer or a boot to it. i'm not kidding. i broke a few things when i was forced to go visit my dad when my parents got divorced, and he tried to get me arrested for vandalism.

i have a half sister. shes nice, tho i dont see her that much. my friend has a step mother who has recently moved out, and shes over the moon! it seenms step parents are always evil and jelous for some strange reason.

I get on with my stepmum really well now. There was never any real animosity between us, we just never had much in common, but as I've got older we've become friends and I can say that I genuinely love her.

My youngest daughter, though has the stepmum from hell! She got pregnant with their first kid when my daughter was 3 and told him that he didn't need her any more as they had a new baby on the way, so he literally disappeared from her life for 13 years. Last year, we traced him online and he was overjoyed to be reunited with her. Step mum is still the same though, to the point of screaming at her that I'm just a slut for having kids by 2 different men.

screaming at her that I'm just a slut for having kids by 2 different men.
:grumpy: That is so wrong and WRONG! GRRRRRR!

Today I got home from being gone the entire weekend and my step dad's acting like he knows what's best for my mom. She's been sick most of the weekend because of chemo, and he's been taking her out a lot, which isn't good at all. Her immune system is low and she doesn't need a cold on top of everything else :(

Back
Top Bottom