It's Official: I dislike family gatherings.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sevikins

Refugee
:madspit:
I don't know how many are with me on this one but I, for one, dislike family gatherings, regardless of any occasion. I have to go to this one tonight for my cousin's baby... but it's not a baby shower, and it's not something else... I just have to show up. My gripe is that b/c it's so goddamn late, I have to take public transportation at night and knowing NYC trains late at night... :| I just dislike going out that late at night, especially if I have to sit on a train car where probably drug dealers and gangsters are going to come aboard, I'd just rather not go at all... but alas I have to.

Sorry about the ramble folks.

Ours would always end up with the two grandfathers arguing about whether what we were eating were sweet potatoes or yams. Every damn time.:|

Good times!

My family gatherings are generally influenced by this: I am the only one in my family who isn't affluent, doesn't play golf, conservative, racist, homophobic and sexist (against women.)

You can just imagine the possibilities!!! :hyper: :no:

Sometimes, when I am forced to get together with my extended family, the hope that I'm adopted springs eternal.

Doozer61 said:
or listening to racist comments or jokes when your african-american nephew-in-laws are in the room

Those are lovely, aren't they? Its especially nice when all the little kids are the the room, listening to these comments about their daddies. :|

Family gathering comment of the week:

"boy, someday France is really gonna get what's coming to them...and I can't wait to see it"

*courtesy of sister in law who shall remain nameless but I'm sure Doozer can figure out who said it

I have over 20 aunts and uncles and I see one of them.

I remember the last family gathering I went to, it was at a mixed-religion wedding. The grooms brother was a biggot and made comments about our family all night, they got worse the more he drank. Then there was a huge bust up between half of my mum's brother in laws (about 4 of them) and him. Then my Mum was hit in the head because one of the hotel staff was carrying a table and couldn't see her standing infront of him and she passed out. Then after that two of my aunts started fighting with my Dad and another one of my uncles.

:crack:

Oh we went to one more family gathering after that, my dad's sisters wedding. It was a bit of a disaster, the next day my aunt phoned my Granny and told her that she told her new husband when she woke up she regretted marrying him. A few weeks later she was seperated from him. She has booked a reception for December this year and is planning to go ahead with her wedding plans.... the thing is she is still not divorced and isn't making plans to get divorced to her last husband. :shifty: My Dad's brother (the only uncle we talk to) told us last week. I think that "wedding" could be the best one to date. Thankfully I won't be able to go, I'll not be in the country by then. :D

My rellies are all a bit strange, there are too many stories I could tell. :slant:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom