It's Official: I DECLARE WAR ON AMAZON.COM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Why must you take my musical selection away? Amazon, you have done nothing but trouble my buying power... taking away some of the most diverse sites like CDNOW and HMV... coopting them under the super-banner of AMAZON. You've monopolized the online market, limiting the quality and quantity of available material.

So bring it on rain forest... I'm ready to confirm your order for an ass-kicking.

:mad:

Where am I supposed to go now to buy my obscure favs... suggestions anyone?

meegannie said:
How obscure?

Not necessarily obscure artists... but obscure pressings. Limited edition type stuff. I used to get a lot of vinyl through HMV, but now I'll probably have to order directly from a store location. My quam with Amazon and most other major hub music outlets is that they have "the best of" or "greatest album" type stuff... I'm more interested in less popular material.

~fairy_girl~ said:
tried ebay ? :)

or www.eil.com does some rare and obscure stuff, quite spensive tho ...

Yes I've tried ebay... but my competitive nature doesn't allow me to lose auctions. However, my wallet takes quite the pounding. So, lately I've been trying to stay away from it... definitely something to fall back on though. Also, you have to fork out a lot just to get good condition products.

As for EIL yes, they are a little expensive for my taste.

Another bad website...

Vinyldisc.com

"carriers of deleted vinyl and such"... full of crap. I spent $40 on a deleted version of the Stay single, and never received it. I haven't used their business since then. They won't even reply to me about it... pretty suspicious if you ask me.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Last edited:
I live in Canada... so preferably I'd like to deal with a North American vendor. But, if there's some good stuff I'm open to international buying.

tiny dancer said:
I'm a war with also. In March I pre-ordered 2 books that were to be released in May. Well May is almost over, and I haven't gotten them yet. :rant:

they pulled that stunt with me for my coldplay clocks single cd. bastards. i ordered them so damn early and never got them and kept getting notices that they will not be released until July. :censored: :down: meanwhile the rest of the fans in the country and around the world SOMEHOW got the singles before amazon. asses! this is why i am at war with them!
:mad:

I haven't had issues with the stuff I've ordered... it's just the fact that they've subsumed a whole lot of my favorite sites... bastards.

Good shipping I must say :up:

Back
Top Bottom