It's Official: I am getting a U2 vanity plate!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Least Dorky u2 Vanity Plate

• U2GIRL

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • U2MAMA

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • U2 ONE

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • U24EVR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • U2ROCK

• LIV4U2

• U2FAN

• U2 MOM

• U2 4ME

• VERTGO

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • U2 MOM

• INTOU2

• Total voters

ree5669

Acrobat
Okay...I have had a "helping schools" tag for one year now. It can be personalized for the school donation fee. My daughter chose "FAMVAN" last year...and I have had to live with it for 365
L O N G days. Even though I am middle aged (well nearly--36), I am getting a u2 vanity plate. I checked my DMV web site and these are available. Please let me know which is the best (or least dorky!)

ALSO: Please list any other suggestions you have. There can only be 6 letters/spaces total. Thanks so much in advance...I am SO not leaving it up to a 10 year old to decide this this time.

BTW: it is on a green Chrysler MINIVAN. :) I am an elementary school teacher, but consider my self reasonably cool. ;)

I surrended BOOMCHA last year...I've already tired of the new one I have (non-U2) so I re-applied for BOOMCHA and its still available...

We have BTFLDAY on BAW's car...we've also had OMYBONO.

How about this? U2DRIVN

(U2 Driving or U2 Driven) is still available....

We're hampered in California...max. 7 digits with one half-space.

This is the Green Room of the board... anything and everything pretty much goes here.

Excuse me for posting here...I assumed that ANYTHING meant ANYTHING.

MrBAW thanks for the idea. Nice as usual. :)
Thanks for the votes so far. :)

Last edited:
Dear Ree,

May I call you Ree? Good. Please do not be offended by the brain consuming and no u2 :shame: finger waving. A quick glance of the threads in here is usually strongly recommended before making that initial post. Here's a quick run down of the rules of IO:

1. Your brain will most likely be eaten after your first post in here. Do not be afraid, or angry, or hurt by it; trust me, you'll feel so much better afterwards.

2. Discussion of U2 is frowned up in here. There are several other forums on this board for such discussion. The Pleba girls may be able to help you pick a license plate, they're good that way.

3. Don't be cranky, crabby, or otherwise unpleasant. Most of the people around here are pretty lighthearted and easygoing. Especially in this forum where it's pretty much random babbling..it's all good. No need to get worked up or offended by the weird sense of humor people have in here.

I hope these rules help, thanks for stopping in, and enjoy the rest of the forum.

Good Luck,

myusernamehere

No crankiness...just felt attacked, that's all. (too serious talk for this board, I've discovered) Very unlike the other replies I have gotten in the last few months in the other forums. I now understand :yes:

Thanks for the suggestions.

And as far as the "brain being eaten"...I already guessed that. It is evident. :wink:

(I have read posts several pages down. Glad to see it is not only me who has done this :ohmy: )

Please...spare the sporks! :sad:

Last edited:
BRNEATR (Brain Eater)
SALTYBRNS (Salty Brains)
SLTNSPRK (Salt & Spork)

Any of those work? :wink:

Personally, Ree, I like INTOU2 with a slight revision: N2U2 (of course, the question here is do you like it and is it available?). I still have my old expired tag - BONO&CO. - and it goes with me to concerts, 'cuz I'm such a geek that way. :reject:

And in IO business, this just in: LONG LIVE SPORKS! :bow: :bow:

BluRmGrl said:
BRNEATR (Brain Eater)
SALTYBRNS (Salty Brains)
SLTNSPRK (Salt & Spork)

Any of those work? :wink:

Personally, Ree, I like INTOU2 with a slight revision: N2U2 (of course, the question here is do you like it and is it available?). I still have my old expired tag - BONO&CO. - and it goes with me to concerts, 'cuz I'm such a geek that way. :reject:

And in IO business, this just in: LONG LIVE SPORKS! :bow: :bow:

I like N2U2 better too - IntoU2 might elicit the wrong type of response from motorists who aren't thinking "U2" but "You too" :yikes:

omigod it feels weird talking about U2 in here. :slant:

Illinois inmates SUCK

I am having the toughest time with U2 MOM or U2 MOM too! :hyper:

Hows about: LEMONU 2 (make sure there is a space between U and 2...it makes the plate THAT MUCH MORE special - and I mean special in a "I take the short bus to school" way).

Realizing that I do deserve sporking as punishment, thanks for being so kind to offer suggestions. I vow to never-EVER-speak that letter and digit that should not be spoken- here ever again. I have learned my lesson. Forgive me. Please keep that in mind when rendering my restitution.

:wink: Who knows, maybe I can "get" the next one who utters the "band who should not be named" in this forum. Have a "sporktacular" evening!

beli said:
But whats a vanity plate? :scream:
Beli, it's just another name for personalized tags here in the States. Instead of taking the regular state- issued letter/number combination the License Tag Office would typically give out, you pay an increased fee & get a tag you created, based on each states restrictions, i.e. 7 spaces or 8 spaces, no offensive or vulgar wording, no other registered tag with the same wording, etc. etc. etc.

Can you get "vanity" plates or personalized plates in Oz? And what do you guys call them??? :hmm:

lol. Okay. We have personalised plates here. I thought maybe she was refering to those thingies that go around the outside of a license plate and contain written advertising.

Thanks for the explanation.

Referred to vanity because you are being supposedly vain b/c you (pay in AL) $50 extra for special words...aha, but if you donate $15 to schools here through tag purchase, it is personalized for free... Sorry I didn't clear that up earlier.

Funny -- here in North Carolina, I remember growing up that you never used to see vanity plates... to find one was so rare! Now, I can see 3 or 4 just during my 5-mile drive to work. We've either become more vain or more willing to pay for our individuality. :wink:

"Rich" people had them growing up..they were more of a luxury. I don't know about NC, but here there are prob 50 different style plates from which to choose...sort of ridiculus.

Tag Examples:

educator
Kiwanis member
Lion's club member
colleges
antique vehicles
all sorts of vets and battle survivors
it goes on and on and on...

MUST GO TO BED...had 4 hours last night and tonight doesn't look much better. :(

Back
Top Bottom