it's official #holy crap we're being watched.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Feedback Who's Online @ 05:50 PM - 32 Members and 246 Guests

:ohmy:

everyone is reading the elizabeth smart thread. :)

do you think this means everyone got to us through google?

:der:

:wave:

There are currently 48 members and 240 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 614 on 03-11-2003 at 12:52 PM.

:shocked:

:faint:

boof, you just sounded like deathbear in that last post. :shifty:

my journal is too boring and worthless for someone to bother reading it. and someone would have to have loads of patience to get through io.

fear not io'ers! :wave:

i must have scandalized some googlers with my picture of jurgen habermas. and a napkin-with writing on it.

Sicy said:
*wonders what ABEL will think NOWWWWWWWWWW :laugh:

I couldn't believe when I saw my post in LS when I just got home and it had 2100 views :shocked:

I'm just glad that Elizabeth is home safe :yes:

just look at it this way, a lot of those googlers are probably U2 fans who are just finding this place out :hyper: :happy:

ABEL said:
just look at it this way, a lot of those googlers are probably U2 fans who are just finding this place out :hyper: :happy:

First .. I want to make some things clear....

Google is indexing the forum for Google News _only_.

Google News links expire afer a few days.

Google News validated our community as a news source - even thought it's community driven

Google just bought Blogger -- Imagine what's to come....

Did you know Google started out as a blog?

Everything is coming full circle... blogs and forums spread news faster than any other source.

Now...
I've said this before... and I'll say this again...

Folks, this is the Internet. It isn't some safe deposit box at your local bank.

Hundreds of thousands of people each month have always read the forum, the only thing that has changed is that now more people will be directed to specific news worthy threads, our Original Content, and our U2 News sections.

If you're concerned/paranoid about your privacy, you shouldn't have been posting things that would jeopardize that in the first place.

Journals are blogs, you're posting for the world to see, nothing has changed.

Interference protects email addresses, Private Messages, whatevers stored in your User CP, etc. If you post your real email address, full name, address, etc in a public forum... that's your choice. Again, nothing has changed.

I don't mean to sound harsh or cold... but like i said... if you're posting on the Internet, or anywhere for that matter, you should understand these things.

Also.. just want to note... Google News is only linking to threads.. NOT Journals.

The reason it freaks me out a bit is because on a normal every day basis we have something like 50 members and a few guests reading the board. From it to jump from that to 614 guests.. it just makes us realize that anybody and everybody can read about us here. Maybe some of us feel more trustworthy when the majority of the readers are members.. and most of them premium.

Elvis said:

First .. I want to make some things clear....

Google is indexing the forum for Google News _only_.

Google News links expire afer a few days.

Google News validated our community as a news source - even thought it's community driven

Google just bought Blogger -- Imagine what's to come....

Did you know Google started out as a blog?

Everything is coming full circle... blogs and forums spread news faster than any other source.

Now...
I've said this before... and I'll say this again...

Folks, this is the Internet. It isn't some safe deposit box at your local bank.

Hundreds of thousands of people each month have always read the forum, the only thing that has changed is that now more people will be directed to specific news worthy threads, our Original Content, and our U2 News sections.

If you're concerned/paranoid about your privacy, you shouldn't have been posting things that would jeopardize that in the first place.

Journals are blogs, you're posting for the world to see, nothing has changed.

Interference protects email addresses, Private Messages, whatevers stored in your User CP, etc. If you post your real email address, full name, address, etc in a public forum... that's your choice. Again, nothing has changed.

I don't mean to sound harsh or cold... but like i said... if you're posting on the Internet, or anywhere for that matter, you should understand these things.

Also.. just want to note... Google News is only linking to threads.. NOT Journals.

Amen. Which is why I refuse to fully identify myself in terms of who I am here. I don't say the name of my company and don't even use my real last name around here. My picture is non-descript, and no one would recognize me in public if looking at my pictures here. But yes, Elvis is completely right. Perhaps locking the more personal forums like IO and Zoo Confessionals to the "outside world" would please ppl and give them a greater sense of security.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom