It's Official # :help:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
:help:

I need to get one last christmas gift....a big gift for my mom. She has every single appliance on the face of the earth. I was thinking of a painting or wall hanging. But I don't want to get her something that she isn't going to like. She doesn't wear jewelry at all so I wouldn't want to get her something she won't wear. I already got her a new bathrobe, and some sweaters, but I need something else that is reasonably priced. :crack:

I asked heidi and she suggested cat nap. The dogs suggested fuzzy slippers but they would eat them. :|

grrrrr I'm going shopping today and hopefully something will talk to me and say "buy me for mommy"

when in doubt of what to buy for a gift, I always go for GIFT CERTIFICATES! Not only does it make my shopping easier, but they'll get something for themselves they can use...I always have a hard time shopping for my parents, since they don't really need anything.

For my mom's birthday I had no idea what to get her, so I got a gift certificate to Border's Books, plus a couple little things.

God, my parents are a nightmare to buy for. Infact anyone over the age of about 10 is impossible.

Is she a housey type person?

A kitchen knife block set with added steak knives and sharpener thingy? Does she cook? I bought this for someone this year and think they are going to love it. I hope, anyway :D
Perhaps a nice deco floor rug or print like you said?
Does she have hobbies? Any hobby thing is good. My mum for eg is into collecting porcelain dolls, they are always handy when you cant think of anything else.
A nice photo frame with a nice photo of you in it. Sounds vain, but parents....they love that kind of thing, especially mums :)
A voucher for a beauty salon so she can get her nails/hair done or a beauty treatment of some kind.
Books/cd's/dvd's/videos
Plants? My mum is into plants. And nice big terracotta pots to put them in.

I'm not very original. Sorry DaisyB!

make sure you get the gift certificate at someplace where she can't buy something for you....like her favorite restaurant, a salon, or a massage...something like that which can't be redeemed for cash.

Yes, a gift certificate to a really nice massage parlor/spa is a really good idea. I was gonna get my mom one to this exclusive place here in La Jolla. I was suprised how reasonable they were (price wise).

I was also thinking of going to "Bath and Body" (or the equivilent if there isnt one near you) and put together your own day spa kit just for her. Ya get a basket, add some bubble bath, sea salts, candles, a nice trashy romance novel, a soothing CD, etc... you get the idea :) :hyper:

Last edited:
if you want my advice get her a gift certificate to KFC.

books are nice too, if she's a reader

Could you get her a gift voucher for like a manicure or at a beuaty place??

Clothes??

Gift vouchers are the best- I prefer getting gift vouchers actually :yes:

Back
Top Bottom