Its Official.....Have you met anyone famous!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Okay this can be for any one you consider famous ie Sports, Music, Movies, T.V. and yes even Disney characters if you want to:lol:

For instance:

I have met Summer Sanders and Janet Evans (both olympic medalist in swimmming)
sanders.jpg
janet.jpg

My mom has met:

Daniel Baldwin
Baldwin3rd.gif
yes one of the Baldwin brother and she has a really funny story to go with it too!!

and Neal McCoy
nMcCoy.jpg
Neal is a country singer, for those of you that dont know!!!

psst Summer is the blonde and Janet is the brunnette

btw try to post fotos if possible!!!

I saw Kevin Spacey at Mel's Diner in Hollywood.

And Johnny Depp at The Viper Room.

But I didnt get close to them. :slant:

I saw Lou Ferigno (the incredible hulk) working out at World Gym in Venice. I met Dustin Hoffman and Alan Alda on the set of Mad City. My dad met Barbara Eden at San Jose Airport a couple of years ago.

Stood next to Sinbad as he was on the pay phone, and I was waiting for him to finish up.

Shook Candace Cameron's hand. (Full House)

Spent one Christmas with Michael Chang.

Saw President Bush and VP Quayle at Kennedy Theatre.

Walked by Michael Johnson (Olympic runner) at Heathrow airport.

Sat in Swan Theatre (Stratford, England, Shakespeare's hometown) watching The Spanish Tragedy, whereby Ralphe Fiennes was in the audience.

Signorney Weaver came by my school to promote "Say No to Drugs"

Briefly passed by Will Smith at Universal Studios.

I have met Bono, Larry, and Edge :hyper:

I know Chewbacca :yes:

I saw Tom Hanks in Central Park in New York one time...my mom took a picture with me in the foreground and him in the background...Annie Leibovitz was photographing him for Vanity Fair magazine...I was standing 5 feet away from her

One time we were in a restaruant in NYC visiting my brother, and the guy that played Harry Bently, the English neighbor on The Jeffersons was at the table next to ours

Another time in NYC we were at a play that Sarah Jessica Parker was in, and after the play we were standing in the back of the theater and Matthew Broderick walked right by us. While he was standing in the back of the theater, just feet away from us, we were all straight faced as possible, not trying to act all :hyper: that he was there...My mom was holding a pie that my sister in law had given her before the show (we were there for Thanksgiving)...it was wrapped in a plastic bag and you couldn't tell what it was...Matthew Broderick looked over at my mom with this confusled look as he walked by us and after he left we all started laughing and said "he eyed the pie" :laugh: I guess you had to have been there :|

I've met lots of Star Wars, Star Trek and Sci Fi celebrities cuz I go to Sci Fi conventions all the time...incuding Majel Barret Rodenberry, Ray Park, Carrie Fisher, and others...too many to list here

I've also met They Might Be Giants, The Sundays, lots of other musicians too, that I can't remember all of them right now...

also when I was in High School, one year we went to LA for vacation, and it happened to be when they had the Academy Awards...we got to sit on the bleachers and watch the celebrities leave...saw Tom Hanks, Liz Taylor, Sigorney Weaver, Telly Sevalas, lots of others...

and not so famous 'celebrities'...from the David Leterman Show I met the guy Rupert from the Hello Deli, and Mujibar and Surajul...whatever their names were from (a long time ago they used to be on the show all the time like Rupert is now) they owned a shop down the street from Dave

I'll have to look for my photos...I don't have them scanned in...I'm not even sure where they all are :shrug:

I shook Toby Keith's hand at a championship celebration when OU won the football championship in 2001.

I haven't met any celebs that I've actually wanted to meet, though.

You guys have already seen the Ryan pics April and I got, so I won't post them again. I didn't get a picture with Bart Starr...he was on the same airplane as me when I was 9 years old. Here's the autograph I got though (he signed the back of my plane ticket):

33652%3C7923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232336585%3B9%3A3ot1lsi

oh incase you are wondering the story with Danny Baldwin.

He stopped to get gas at my parents shop and so he went in to the store and used the restroom. Anywhoo he when he left the store he forgot one major thing:

His back pack!!:lol:

it had his license, his wallet and everything you could think of!!!!

the really weird thing about this story is that i live in kinda the middle of nowhere and so to have him show up here in my town was kinda weird!!!

Oh i forgot one other person i havent met but he was in Redding:

Clint Eastwood- his wife had her baby in a hospital here in town!!!

Because I'm studying to become a TV News Photojournalist I'm trying not to be so starstruck or whatever. It's actually kinda hard not to oogle just a tiny bit. :hyper: So far I've met
Shannon Miller (US Olympic Gymnast),
Vanessa Atler (US Olympic Gymnast),
Jewel (Before she was famous here in San Diego),
Trevor Hoffman (San Diego Padres-on the phone),
Natalie Portman (On the phone),
Dustin Diamond ("Screech" on Saved By The Bell-Jerk who dated my friend. I'm trying to find the homecoming picture),
A few unknowns (to me) from The San Diego Chargers and Charger Girls,
And just about every single reporter in town (if you can even call them celebrities?).

Unfortunately I have yet to meet any of the boys from the band. :( I also would like to meet Kevin Smith just to see what he is like for myself.

adamswildhoney said:
My mom has met:

Daniel Baldwin

Was he goodlooking? I have met Stephen Baldwin in Long Island, NY and we had a picture taken with him. :laugh: I even got to pinch his biceps! :reject: That was my way of saying thank you for being so nice. :der:There was this girl who even hugged him. He's supposed to be the least handsome compared to Alec and William, but OMG, is he hot in person. :laugh:

I've kind of met Andrea Corr and Craig David :reject:. Andrea's really pretty, as are her sisters.

I also saw Ron Howard at the Angelika in NY. He was going to watch "The Grinch".

I never met any of the U2 boys though. :( Just got to touch The Edge's fingertips at the end of one show.

Last edited:
Trevor - how did you manage to talk to Natalie Portman on the phone? :scratch:

The most thrilling celebrity moment in my pathetic life: walking past Richard Simmons in an airport.......yippee.

I met all of Coldplay!!!! :D (but you've all seen the pics) :flirt:

NHL Hockey Players... I've met:
Russ Courtnall & Geoff Courtnall (they're from my town)
I saw Mike Modano while in Montreal in Nov. (Detroit Red Wings)

I kinda met Drew Barrymore :cute: ... sorta not really... I was at a Lollapalooza where Hole headlined and it was at the time she was dating their bass guitarist. She waved up to us from their trailer. At that same show, Courtney Love staggered right passed me with Melissa Auf der Mar.

I have met Moby (twice, by chance in the same night), as well as Gavin Friday, Guggi, Bob Geldoff and Paul MacGuinness. I nearly met Bono (he was one foot away) but he went to the other side. :| :scream: Earlier in the night he did wave down to us from the party. :dance: :D lol

:scratch: I think that's it.

Uhm... I think I met Richard Dean Anderson and got his sig, but that can't be confirmed... :crack:
Oh!!! and back in '89 I saw Rick Astley at a laundromat/dry cleaners in San Fransisco. :lol:

Last edited:
Oh meg!! :lol: How could I forget Nick Carter?!? :sexywink:

I am waiting to be Justified now... :flirt:

Mr. Peterman (elaine's boss) from Sienfeld
Brian Boitano (he's SO SMALL)
Cam Neely
they were all at the celebrity golf outing the country club i used to work at hosted. we had no shirts small enough to fit Brian. :eek:

and,
Elvis Costello (we talked for a second in the heart between encores)
and Bono :heart:

my brother works security at a major movie studio(i cant say cuz he'll get mad at me) and he's around all kinds of celebs. he's pretty much lost respect for all of them lol. he gets to see how they act on a daily basis.

my sister works at a major theme park and there was a restaurant that she used to work for when it was open, and she waited on celebs as well. she got some big-ass tips from most of them too. too bad they tore down that restaurant.

I've met numerous NFL players (those who attended USC) and have autographed pictures (I took the shots).

Met ABT dancer Cynthia Harvey on a number of occassions and walked past Mikhail Barishnokov (he's really short).

My wife use to work at the Century Plaza Hotel in LA. She has met numberous celebs and political figures. She said Connie Chung was the nicest of them all.

I have met Coldplay

And Gerry Adams he was in my grannys house at last years elections and his autograph to me says "To Laura Lot of Love Gerry xxx" :laugh: Half my grannys street were in her tiny house it was funny

Thats it I think

BLS... My ex-girlfriend for one reason or another had gotten her phone number from one of Natalie's friends. I didn't believe that Laura really had her phone number so she made me talk to her LOL yup, it was her :laugh:

Dizzy... Ya believe it or not I used to watch gymnastics on ESPN too. :ohmy:

Dizzy, I dont even have any idea who are the hot-shot gymnasts anymore. Is Kristen Maloney still around?

Omigawd... I almost forgot that I was waiting in a Disneyland ride couple people behind Jonathon Taylor Thomas (or whatever his name is from Home Improvement). He was nice, but his girlfriend was being a real b****

Back
Top Bottom