It's Official # Geek!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daafish

Refugee
HI, howdy, how the hell are ya?!?....anyway...as I was deleting old e-mails I came across one that had been sent to a few of us concerning....:shifty: ...well, i'll let you read it.

OK, I have a little problem.

I am asking people I know a question to try to settle something. Now that I
think about it, I should have asked all of you first. I imagine that you
have already thought about it, since it is something we all know about, you
probably already have a well thought out answer with reasoning.

Can a lightsaber kill Superman?
Provided that you could hit Superman, could you skewer him like Quigon did
to that big door?

Some people say that Superman can bleed and he has been killed. Also, a
Lightsaber is supposed to cut through anything, so..."Yes"

Other are saying, "no way." Superman is too strong and a lightsaber is on a
whole lesser scale then Superman.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks
name :censored:

_____
:wave: he's available ladies!

Here's something that's funny! Someone actually came up with a response!

In Episode I, we clearly see Qui-Gon using his light saber to cut througha large metal door. However, it takes some effort and time for him to doso. As Superman is referred to as the 'Man of Steel', it seems reasonablethat a light saber could, in fact, hurt him rather badly.

However, it would take a significant amount of effort on the part of theJedi to inflict said damage. Superman is known to be faster, more agile,and stronger than any Jedi we have seen to date. Example: Qui-Gon, afteryears of training, can use the Force to knock over a 200-pound robot.
Superman, in a fit of grief, can actually *turn time backwards by reversingthe rotation of the Earth*. Clearly, Superman has more midichlorians thananyone else. Sadly, the same mutation that confers his extra powers alsodeforms his cells, making him suffer from a degenerative midichloriandisease that only allows them to be active in the presence of a yellow sun.

If Luke Skywalker's saber from Return of the Jedi was made out of Kryptonite... that'd kills Superman... But then again the same would be said about Darth Vader's red kryptonite saber :der:

At least you guys are not talking about Tolkien calculus... now THAT would be GEEKY ;)

theSoulfulMofo said:
If Luke Skywalker's saber from Return of the Jedi was made out of Kryptonite... that'd kills Superman... But then again the same would be said about Darth Vader's red kryptonite saber :der:

At least you guys are not talking about Tolkien calculus... now THAT would be GEEKY ;)

:scratch:

granted he can turn back time by reversing the rotations of the earth, which would inadvertanly kill us all, but it begs to reason: With a big enough lightsaber couldn't one slice though supermans neck before he got a chance to run away.

I mean, from a purely biological standpoint, if you only cut a couple inches into the neck, in the right place, superman would be rendered helpless, seeing as how he could bleed. Then one could finish the slicing process.

And...yes...I don't care what they say...if you sever anyones head they will not be alive.

So I would present to you that if one were to get a big ass lightsaber...even bigger than the one darth maul used in Episode 1, and that that individual were to slice into supermans neck just enough to get the artery, one could potentially kill the bugger.

peace
*makes spock hand signs*

*erotic pose emerging from a pool of hot water*

daafish said:
Here's something that's funny! Someone actually came up with a response!

In Episode I, we clearly see Qui-Gon using his light saber to cut througha large metal door. However, it takes some effort and time for him to doso. As Superman is referred to as the 'Man of Steel', it seems reasonablethat a light saber could, in fact, hurt him rather badly.

However, it would take a significant amount of effort on the part of theJedi to inflict said damage. Superman is known to be faster, more agile,and stronger than any Jedi we have seen to date. Example: Qui-Gon, afteryears of training, can use the Force to knock over a 200-pound robot.
Superman, in a fit of grief, can actually *turn time backwards by reversingthe rotation of the Earth*. Clearly, Superman has more midichlorians thananyone else. Sadly, the same mutation that confers his extra powers alsodeforms his cells, making him suffer from a degenerative midichloriandisease that only allows them to be active in the presence of a yellow sun.

I was wondering what the response would be.

Basstrap said:
granted he can turn back time by reversing the rotations of the earth, which would inadvertanly kill us all, but it begs to reason: With a big enough lightsaber couldn't one slice though supermans neck before he got a chance to run away.

Bassy! Did you see Superman 1? Did you see how fast he could move? run? fly?

I mean, from a purely biological standpoint, if you only cut a couple inches into the neck, in the right place, superman would be rendered helpless, seeing as how he could bleed. Then one could finish the slicing process.

it's true superman could bleed, but a lightsaber cauterizes the wound instantly. example, anakin and luke both got their paws lopped off and no sign of blood anywhere!

And...yes...I don't care what they say...if you sever anyones head they will not be alive.

You're right here!

So I would present to you that if one were to get a big ass lightsaber...even bigger than the one darth maul used in Episode 1, and that that individual were to slice into supermans neck just enough to get the artery, one could potentially kill the bugger.

I say nay! Superman would just hover out of reach and use his super cold breath to turn the Jedi into an ice cube. Once frozen, superman could shatter him into a million pieces or throw him into space!

:wink:

The lightsaber has to have been established in the same equitron as Superman himself.Therfore, all is relative to the time frame if you will.Weapons of different equitrons have no effect on beings from other electoids.Get my meaning?We are talking about multi quintecitons of time between these multi compulade time eras.

Please feel free to e-mail if you need a more complete breakdown of the inter virginanlactic multi galaxial period.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Basstrap
And...yes...I don't care what they say...if you sever anyones head they will not be alive

I believe the T-1000 Terminator range could withstand a direct severing incident above the neck without reaching a level of death you would wish to acquire..without molten steel handy you would be in a very vulnerable position...granted within a certain freezing range he would become vulnerable himself..so I imagine Superman may have the upper hand in this circumstance with his cold blow approach.....

..and I truly believe The Black Knight could have survived a few more blows from King Arthur so we'll never know in that respect either..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom