It's Official # *gag*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
UGH! Well it's 14 years and out of the ground pops these UGLY bugs! CICADAS! They're everywhere and my co-worker walked in with one on his back and then he put it on my back :faint: I just screamed. He says "they don't do anything" I said Well no but they're HIDEOUS!

040331_CICADA_hlg_10a.hlarge.jpg

:wink: C'mon, girls - don't be afraid of those little cicadas! Unlike mosquitos or horseflies or black flies, they don't bite - they just come out of the ground once every 17 years for a little shedding, a bite to eat & a little buggy lovin' & then they die. Sure, they come in droves like locusts, but hey - so do Yankees to the South and nobody's suggesting we squish THEM! :lmao:

(Disclaimer: I like Yankees as much as good ole' Southerners & I don't care where you're from! So please - no grief, OK?)

We used to get plagues of cicadas in the outback. Not the quitest insect on this earth.

I used to wait until they had shred they skins and pull the skins off the trees gently so as to not break them. Then I would store them in an ice cream container under my bed as space food for my trip back to Mars :up:

PS No, we didnt have television.

Ewwwwwwwwww, I can't stand bugs! :yikes: The article was pretty funny, though. I'm pretty much a klutz, and some of that stuff sounds like something I would do! :lol:

LOL that was a funny article.

Yeah when I was walking into work this morning there's like at least 100 on the ground and I was just trying to dodge them..I did step on one of their shells :huh: LOL Although there are alot of them squished too in our parking lot.

Hmmmmmmmmmm selling cicadas on ebay :hmm: LOL

Back
Top Bottom