it's official #employed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like take the checks that people write out to a certain charity company (*cough* think of one that's like synonymous with memphis *cough*) and enter their name, address, and dollar amount into a computer. then they get magazines and stuff for donating. so it's really cool! i get paid more for the faster i work, but i'll be making at least $7.50 an hour. :hyper:

martha said:
Jamie Farr?
danny thomas! oy, come on people! i work with saint jude, the children's hospital he started. more particularly, i process (sorta) donation checks that kids do through school. if any of you guys know about math-a-thon, it's that.

i did really well today. i wasn't sure how fast i was gonna be, but i made almost 50% more than the guy estimated i would on my first day (the faster you work, the more you're paid). plus, my boss is now asking me if i want more hours. :hyper:

on a sad note though, i found out my husband didn't get the job he'd applied for like a month ago. i'm ticked now. :mad: :rant:

martha said:
Fuck 'em! If they take that long to respond, he doesn't want to work for them anyway. :tsk:
i know. it was to work in a fucking mail room. ooh, handling mail, real complicated. but my mom works there too and she was telling me they were holding out in hopes that they could just rotate people so they wouldn't have to fill the position. they're filling it, but with someone else. :mad:

but i don't wanna tell him. my husband really hates his job and i was hoping right around now he'd be switching jobs, because i don't know if he can handle another summer working outside, healthwise. it's so hard to find a full-time job around here. luckily i'm not looking for one cuz i want to be able to keep it come august when i go back to school. but he needs one for insurance reasons.

Back
Top Bottom