it's official: drunken christmas trees last longer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Keep Christmas Trees Lively -- With Vodka?

POSTED: 3:13 pm EST December 1, 2004
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Looking for a way to keep your Christmas tree looking lively? A shot of vodka might do the trick.

An Oregon architect said adding the vodka to your sapling may keep your Christmas tree looking nice a bit longer, WGRZ-TV in Buffalo reported.

If your Christmas Tree is destined for the wood chipper too early, and your floor is littered with pesky pine needles, the perfect remedy may be right behind the liquor store counter.

"I figured, let's try adding vodka to the bottom of the tree," said Ken Nagoa, of Eugene, Ore.

A vodka tree tonic -- is it legit or just a tipsy tale?

"I'm thinking, maybe the person who thought about that had a little vodka before he put it in the Christmas tree," said Mark Butler, a liquor store owner.

But some said the more booze, the merrier -- for your tree. A splash of vodka could keep branches shiny and spruced up.

John Miller, of Adams Nurseries in Buffalo, has sold Christmas trees for seven years. He said he has heard all of the homespun remedies.

But vodka?

"The only thing I can think it might do is break the sap up so it doesn't seal up, so it can keep drinking water," Miller surmised.

Like most good cocktails, this one needs a mixer -- or in this case, a tree preservative.

"I would actually say this is more important than putting in vodka," Miller said.

The architect from Oregon used both, and plenty of water, and his tree lived until Valentine's Day.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/money/3962698/detail.html

stray dog said:
What does vodka do for Joshua Trees?

makes them go all "ironic" thinking they can go around in giant mirrorball lemons ....

lmjhitman said:
makes them go all "ironic" thinking they can go around in giant mirrorball lemons ....

huh?
scratch.gif

Druken Christmas trees may not last any longer, but they'll be too wasted to know the difference. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom