It's Official# Drunk Teacher..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think one of our French tutors, not mine but he is our level's co-ordinator, is an alcoholic. It's pretty sad actually. I was in the same room as him one day and the smell of alcohol was really, really strong. I remember a few months earlier my friend said she had him for 2 classes in the same day, aparently by the afternoon he made absolutely no sense and one day they found him asleep in the class.

When I saw the title of this thread I immediatly thought "Shit, where could have my students seen me?!" :ohmy: We can't be straight laced all the time. :wink: Is it friday yet? I could use a drink right now....

I'm at work, and I'm listening to U2, eating cold pizza, and hanging out at Interference.

adamswildhoney said:
Maybe it's just me but isnt a prof supposed to set an example for their students, even though they are aren't in class.

maybe it's just me but isn't a prof a human?

as long as the teacher... and i'm assuming you're talking about high school teacher or below... isn't actually drinking with his/her students, who gives a crap.

and why is this official? :scratch:

Re: Re: It's Official# Drunk Teacher..........

Actually, some jobs have it in the description or manual or whatever that your behavior off the job can also have an impact on your employment. A job I used to work at had a rule about "behavior detrimental to the employee or business on or off the job" or something like that. I actually almost got fired because of that.

Oh, and that job was just as a sales associate in a clothing store, in case anyone was curious.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

maybe it's just me but isn't a prof a human?

as long as the teacher... and i'm assuming you're talking about high school teacher or below... isn't actually drinking with his/her students, who gives a crap.

:up: :yes: :up:

Dasani said:
first naya, now dasani...you guys are making me thirsty! :wink:

like bonochick said, if there's something written that you can't do stuff like that whether you're at work or not, that's one thing. but if not, then i don't see what's the big deal with a college professor having fun on their day off?

I had a teacher in high school who came to school drunk one day. It was pitiful.

We once had an office outside the house on the main drag...we'd come and go by the rear gate...at various hours of the day, sometimes more than once a day, I would see the janitor of the local elementary school parked in his car and sucking on a beer hidden in a brown bag....I wanted to call the school and the police but I never did ... I know, my bad....

One of my teachers in high school used to have water bottles full of vodka. She was psycho too. Unfortunately she was married to a guy who beat on her a lot and she had a lot of problems - like getting in a car accident while DUI...with his kids in the car.

That was after I graduated, but my husband's mom was a friend of hers and worked at the school. The saddest thing was that even when she ended up in the hospital after being thrown down some stairs, the school district and admin couldn't (didn't?) do anything - not even fire her. She's still on a sabatical (2 yrs and counting...)

Teaching is a tough job. I don't see why teachers can't go out drinking after they're through with their daily responsibilities. Perhaps not with their students, but hey, telling them they can't go to the bar...........not fair.

Back
Top Bottom