It's Official# Don't cops have better things to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
So I was on my way to a music store in downtown Berkeley to pick up some sheet music for the piano, and there was a cop a car behind me in the next lane. There was a pedestrian that was starting to cross the opposing two lanes of traffic (the street had a concrete divider in the middle), and I went ahead and went through the crosswalk and intersection because the pedestrian wasn't even at the median yet and I would have to hit the brakes fairly hard to stop before the crosswalk anyway, and someone was riding my tail pretty close, too. So I keep driving, but at the next intersection, the cop decides to pull me over. :censored:!

So he writes me a citation and I have to appear at the damn traffic school/court/whatever to pay the fee or whatever. Please. :rolleyes: If I get the chance I'll contest it. This guy must've been bored out of his mind to go through the trouble. I would have caused more of a safety risk by slamming on the brakes than by proceeding as I did.

:rant: :banghead: :censored: :scream:

_____
This is the first time I've been pulled over, too. :slant:

Last edited:
they should have sent that cop my way when i was a pedestrian. with all those cars that nearly hit me, he would have never been bored.

Yikes. :crack: Yeah, that truly sucks.

Cops like to hang out on my street and pull people over because there are some good hiding spots (i.e. side streets). Esp. since my house is on a curve, the cop ratio here is huge. I know it, so I always drive really slow up to my house. And I always make sure to smile and wave at the cops. They know me now and they'll beep and wave back. Gettin' in good with police force. Oh YEAH!

It's called states and local governments have budgets to fulfill. Since Dubya is busy having a liquidation sale at the U.S. Treasury, the money has to come from somewhere...and there you have it. Indirect taxation through tickets. They will nail you for technicalities now that, three years ago, they would have ignored.

Melon

My friend just got a ticket on campus for parking NEXT TO the housing director spot instead of in it. :shrug:

She better not pay it. She has five witnesses to say she did nothing wrong.

adamswildhoney said:
I dont know!! :shrug: my drive way isnt that long but my friend got a tix :huh:
that's messed up. she wasn't speeding (quite obvious as she still has the bottom of her car intact), so she wasn't going "too fast." how fast anyone leaves a driveway is up to them.

:rant: i hate bored cops.

Back
Top Bottom