It's official #don't call...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
work back on your day off when they call and leave a message...cuz they want you to come in!!!! :mad:

Today was my only day off this week...now I have to go into work. At least it's only for a couple hours :banghead: :angry: :mad: :sad:

*edits to add these two smilies :rant: :|

Last edited:
Must be nice hacing a paycheck

gunleft.gif
WORK

can't you just say no? it's been my experience that despite what they lead you to believe, bosses don't remember when you come in on your day off. it's not like the next time you want to call in sick, they'll give you extra special consideration or anything.

i came in one day for someone, then i called in like a week later. my boss laid this guilt trip on me because he has colon cancer and he has to come in every day. it's really fucking hard to feel guilty for people like that anyway. i was so furious because they seemed to have conveniently forgotten about me helping out when i wasn't supposed to come in, i put in my two weeks right then and there. :mad:

so from then on, i took a vow to NEVER fill in for someone else. i don't care how bad things are for them, how much they plead, or if they offer me triple pay. i make plans on my days off, and i'm not going to change them when i won't even get a thank you from anyone at work because i came in.

KhanadaRhodes said:
can't you just say no? it's been my experience that despite what they lead you to believe, bosses don't remember when you come in on your day off. it's not like the next time you want to call in sick, they'll give you extra special consideration or anything.

after 3 hours of work, I'm home...and with a headache :sigh:

unfortunately, I had no choice in whether or not I switched schedules with my co-worker...my manager makes out the schedule, and just puts you wherever they need you. Even tho they don't really remember when you come in on your day off or not, they do remember if you're co-operative and, I suppose if I ever had something planned, it would be nice to have my co-worker cover for me too...if I say no now, or complain too many times, then when it comes time for me to be off, they'd probably whine and say "remember back when...." or something like that :shrug:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
let the answering machine get it on days off, especially in the morning.

I don't answer the phone on my days off...and I wasn't even home when he called! I was stoopid and returned the call from my answering machine :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom