it's official: do not put in metal container

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
reading a package of kool-aid (lemonade kool-aid specifically)

Directions: Empty contents into large plastic or glass pitcher. Add 1 cup sugar (more or less to taste). Add cold water and ice to make 2 quarts; stir to dissolve. Do not store in metal container

why not? what's in kool-aid that would make it react with a metal container that would make it unfit for drinking?

ingredients: citric acid (provides tartness), calcium phosphate (prevents caking), maltodextrin (from corn), salt, natural flavour, lemon juice solids, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), artifical colour, yellow 5 lake, yellow 5, BHA (preserves freshness)

I think it's because storing any sort of liquid in metal containers may cause it to develop a metallic-type taste. That's why you're supposed to use glass, plastic, or stainless steel.

I would have guessed that oit was either the citric or ascorbic acid, but I've heard the same warning for water. I'm assuming that perhaps it isn't the liquid that is at fault: most likely metal containers are somewhat unstable and may impart a metallic residue into ANY liquid. :huh:

Just a guess. I'm not going to try it regardless.

if you have red kool aid and you put it in a dark metal container...is it still red?

never put metal or aluminum foil in a microwave.

lesson well learned.

<---palindrome moment! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom