It's Official#DirecTV/Tivo kicks ass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
No, seriously.

You can:
Program Tivo to record all your favorite shows every time they're on, and automatically distinguish between new and old episodes :up: :up:
Pause the tv to go to the bathroom :up:
Do instant replay/slow mo during sports games or if you missed a line of dialog :up:
Browse lists of movies by genre :up:
Order payperview channels without touching a telephone or computer :up:

And all for about the same monthly price as cable. :up: :up:

There should be a new amendment to the Bill of Rights:

Everyone shall share equally in the glory that is DirecTV.

:up:

We just got this a few weeks ago. The Season Pass option is awesome :yes:

We just figured out how to fix the guide so that only the stations we watch come up - took out the shopping channels, HBO, Cinemax etc that we don't get anyway so we don't have to flip through them :)

Actually, I think the best feature is getting to make the most of my 'commercial' time. Like on Thursday nights, I like to watch the NBC shows. I don't start watching until a little after 9pm - that way I have more than an hour to get stuff done around the house, then sit down to watch the shows, blast thru the commercials in about 15 seconds, and still be done at 11pm. Too cool!! :hyper:

Last edited:
we may be switching from time warner cable to directv. however, we will not be getting tivo. i'd rather wait and buy one from tivo themselves so i can pay the little bit extra and get a lifetime membership instead of paying monthly fees. this way, it'd be mine forever and i'd never have to pay another dime on it.

Back
Top Bottom