It's Official... Crash us a car, you're the piano man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
BAYVILLE, New York (AP) -- Singer-songwriter Billy Joel was slightly injured and mostly embarrassed when he lost control of his car on a rain-slicked road and banged into a house, the Grammy Award-winning artist's third car accident in two years.

There was no evidence of alcohol or drug involvement and Joel was not suspected of any crime, said Nassau County police Officer Joan Eames, a police spokeswoman.

Witnesses said the accident occurred at about 4 p.m. Sunday, when Joel, driving a burgundy and black car, crashed through a row of bushes and banged into a small beige home one block from the beach.

"He seemed embarrassed that he lost control of the car," said witness Thomas Phillips Jr. "He said, 'I can't believe I got in another accident.' He was just going out to get a pizza."

The accident left a crack in the house's foundation and 6-foot-long skid marks in the sand in the street, witnesses said. Joel suffered a small cut on his left ring finger but refused medical attention, Eames said.

No one was in the car with Joel, and no one in the house was injured, police said. A call to Joel's publicist, Claire Mercuri, was not immediately returned Sunday.

Last year Joel was hospitalized after smashing his car into a tree along a highway on far eastern Long Island. No summonses were issued, and Joel was not given a Breathalyzer test.

Joel, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, escaped serious injury in a crash in East Hampton in June 2002. He later checked into a New Canaan, Connecticut, substance abuse and psychiatric center.

Joel was involved in a motorcycle accident on Long Island in 1983.

He and model Christie Brinkley, who divorced in 1994, have a teenage daughter, Alexa Ray. Following last year's car accident, Brinkley expressed concerns about their daughter riding in a car with him.

Joel has had more than two dozen Top 10 hits in his career, including his signature 1974 song "Piano Man." His music, including the title song "Movin' Out," is currently the subject of a Broadway musical

mr. joel, if you're out there, as a resident of long island who works in the bayville/oyster bay area, may i offer a subtle suggestion for you if you plan on doing any more traveling...

lirr.gif

... thank you for your consideration... my insurance rates are high enough as it is, last i need is for you to hit me.

Last edited:
from RollingStone.com
A Long Island, New York, radio station is auctioning off the grill from BILLY JOEL's crashed automobile for charity. Joel smashed his 1967 Citroen into a residence near his Long Island home while driving in a rainstorm on April 25th; he wasn't injured in the accident. WBLI's "Slam the Stunt Man" retrieved the grill and the station has placed it on eBay, with the auction to end on Thursday. The winning bid will be donated to various Long Island charities.

i think billy drove better when he was still drinking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom