It's Official #cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Whew ... I was wondering when scientist would get to the bottom of this mystery ...

Scientist Cuts the Perfect Cheese Sandwich

LONDON (Reuters) - A British scientist has calculated the optimum thickness for a slice of cheese to make the perfect cheese sandwich, according to a study published on Monday.

In a bite-sized sandwich using pre-sliced white bread lightly buttered with margarine, a slice of cheddar needs to be at least 2.8 mm thick, the study found.

Dr Len Fisher from Bristol University was commissioned by the British Cheese Board to work out how to maximize the "cheesy" aroma in a sandwich.

"After a certain thickness, no increased amount of cheese will increase the 'cheesy aroma' impact of the sandwich," said Fisher.

Tests done on the contribution of tomato and pickle found that tomatoes boosted the cheesiness flavor whereas pickles did not.

cheese.jpg

:yikes: the cheese is looking at me :yikes:

this thread is tempting me to make so many puns...

I...don't...know..how long...I can hold them off :scared:

verte76 said:
My favorite cheese is feta, not cheddar.

me too.
pepperoni and feta pizza's are...sublime. :drool:

plus, aged cheddar or stilton is good. with crackers or french bread.

damn, now i'm hungry.

i'm hungry for a grilled cheese sandwich now, but i don't have any bread and i only have that Price's Cheese spread :huh:

To bad we'll have to wait until next year to see if this research wins the Nobel Prize for Science.

Cujo likes goat too. And cheese.

I am Monterey Jack

Monterrey jack is a semi-hard cheese developed in California in 1882 by David Jacks, a Scot. It has a buttery, bland taste, and melts easily. It is commonly aged for 4 weeks and sold while still soft, but it is also available in a harder version suitable for grating, which has been aged for 6 months.

Your name is: Elizabeth
Your cheese rating is: Gorgonzola

Gorgonzola is a semi-soft blue cheese made in the village of the same name in Northern Italy. The cheese is yellow/white with green/blue penicillin mould marbling giving a sharp, spicy flavour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your name is: Lizzie
Your cheese rating is: Meira

Meira is a traditional Iraqi cheese, made from sheeps milk. The curds are cut into strips and matured in a sheepskin bag for between 6 and 12 months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your name is: ABEL
Your cheese rating is: Brinza

Brinza (or Burduf Brinza) is a soft Romanian cheese made from sheeps milk. It is mild, and moist, and has a sweet aroma. If preserved in salt, it begins to resemble Feta. It is primarily used for cooking.

Basstrap said:
adorable! *pinches your cheeks*

i don't like cheddar. well, i like white cheddar. i also like american and mozzarella.

Your name is: Katie
Your cheese rating is: Leerdammer
Leerdammer is a semi-hard Dutch cheese, made from cow's milk. It has a smooth, polished, natural rind, and is sometimes waxed.

Your name is: Mary
Your cheese rating is: Oaxaca
Oaxaca is a stringy, semi-soft Mexican cheese, also known as Asadero. It is used in sandwiches, or melted on cooked foods such as pizza or nachos.

Your name is: Khanada
Your cheese rating is: Stilton
The King of cheeses. Stilton is a rich, tangy cheese with blue/grey marbled mould veins running throughout, and a dry, crusty, inedible rind. Daniel Defoe mentioned Stilton as "a town famous for its cheeses" in 1727. It is milder than is continental counterparts, Roquefort and Gorgonzola, and is famed as a dessert cheese, best served with Port.

Your name is: KhanadaRhodes
Your cheese rating is: Caerphilly
Caerphilly is a hard cheese, first made in the Welsh town of the same name in around 1830. It is aged in a moist cellar, where the white/gray moulds on the rind grow thick and leathery. It has a fresh taste, and the flavour becomes more rounded with age. This cheese is known as "the crumblies".

ABEL said:

Your name is: ABEL
Your cheese rating is: Brinza

Brinza (or Burduf Brinza) is a soft Romanian cheese made from sheeps milk. It is mild, and moist, and has a sweet aroma. If preserved in salt, it begins to resemble Feta. It is primarily used for cooking.

hahahahaha...this is what I got when I put in the name "fuckface"

don't believe me? Go try it!

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom