IT'S OFFICIAL # Checking out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
Television inspired me last night. I have a new life plan. It's time to check out at Mr. Jeff Zonelistenerson and change speeds.

I am giving up work, getting rid of most of my personal belongings and purchasing a full-bodied costume similar to this:
fc-209.jpg

It will be even more difficult to find a job, but, I will make myself and children of all ages (1-109) smile from ear to ear when they walk down the street or get on a bus and see me as a big furry, non-descript creature.

Seeing the smiles through my mesh-covered eyeholes will stave off the lonely feeling of never being able to talk to people again.

Despite not having any money (I'm sure the government will provide me with some - and I can always find beds in shelters, churches and state-funded mental hospitals), I will be serving society in a very important way - SMILES. With this payment, I will be wealthy beyond any means.

So, as soon as I can pay off those pesky credit cards - I am checking out - and re-creating myself.

I am open to suggestions for names.

Hugs are free and smiles are mandatory.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I am still looking for a costume. I would prefer a somewhat non-descript charachter, brown (doesn't get as dirty and hides stains), and kid friendly.

Bummer:they might not let me into concerts or on airplanes.
*Imagines TSA's reaction to a "costume charachter" trying to go through the scanners.

tsk tsk? Think of the kids, dammit

Pride?

This would be a venture to be proud of. Smiles are contagious.

In my research, I have found a few different sites for costume charachters. I did notice #104 Baby Koala (adult size). this may be a candidate.

Last edited:
Can I be your kangaroo sidekick?

I might look something like this:
c9039mid.gif

We could travel the country hustling and pan handling the streets and probably make a ton of cash

join the movement

As long as we alter the mouth on the kangaroo (it scares me a bit) and you never pose like that - we would make a damn good team.

Remember though, if you choose this new lifestyle, you will not be able to speak as long as the costume is on - and alcohol and smoking is out (it's too expensive anyway). Think of it as a vow - much like a monk or something.

We will have a very important mission - hearty smiles across the world.

Costumed missionaries. While you are tooling around Alexandria, look into the possibility of a government-funded trip to Baghdad to bring smiles to the faces of the people of Iraq. We can follow our troops - after the damage has been done, we will swoop in. Imagine the place we will see while Bush is in office: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, North Korea, Canada....

Last edited:
what makes you think there would not be a built in pouch of alcohol with a tube running from pouch to mouth, in both costumes?

Megan should be able to confirm that I have taken up a new pose as of late.

I love the squirrel

See. See. See.

Look at the joy we are bringing Meggie here.

Now imagine seeing a charachter on a park bench, reading the newspaper. Or as you get on the Metro. Or waiting in line at the grocery store with a full basket of breakfast cereal. Or riding a bicycle. Or, oh, just IMAGINE. :wink:

Last edited:
crap, i was counting on entertainment

zonelistener said:
I will make myself and children of all ages (1-109) smile from ear to ear when they walk down the street or get on a bus and see me as a big furry, non-descript creature.

so i can't hire you for my 110th birthday?

can i wear this and join you? the job market being so welcoming to a college kid with no degrees, i thought i may take your path:

Attachments

• shannonjob.jpg
    shannonjob.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 40
Jenn, that fox costume may be your ticket to staying in England.

"What? That's not my passport! Do I look like a human to you?"

You can live in Sam's garden. :)

Back
Top Bottom