Its Official # Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
A woman I work with thinks I have a CD buying problem.....She just challenged me to one month of no buying, burning or downloading of new albums/music.

Because I love to prove people wrong I accepted. 1 month.....doh! I think I have lost my mind as this is just plain crazy

DiGi said:
Because I love to prove people wrong I accepted. 1 month.....doh! I think I have lost my mind as this is just plain crazy

That's gonna be hard Digi!!! Good luck though, I'm sure you can do it if you just dont look at all the new cd's coming out or read any album reviews.

It'll give you some time to really listen to all the stuff you already have too.

Ok... no CD buying... sure, that's a fair bet... but no downloading music too?!?! Why don't you give her your first born while you are at it! :|

DiGi said:
i was just reading some reviews..this is going to be tough...i need to find out what i get out of it...if it is nothing...to hell with this bet

Good call, a bet just for the sake of a bet really isnt worth doing.

May as well enjoy yourself and not just live up to a bet that you get nothing from.

Ran in front of a train?

I have a feeling that would have been a dumber thing to do than the "no new cd's" thing. It's just a feeling though. If it was a toy train, that's no biggie.

not as dumb as the train thing (just tossed in there for effect)....I could download but it is either all or nothing....

As for the train,
I ran in college. one morning i was out on my morning run (usually a short 4-5 miler) I was doing a loop that went past the College Park Metro (DC's Subway). There is also tracks there for a train running from DC to Baltimore....anyway. I was out on my morning run and I had to cross over where the train comes and then right after the tracks go through a tunnel under the Metro station. As I was approaching the tracks there was a train coming full steam and my dumbarse did not feel like waiting. I figured I could beat it....I think I might have won by 30-50 meters if I am lucky. Dumbest thing I will ever do. I think my heart rate must have been 300 bpm for the rest of the run.

What good CDs are out there this month?

:shifty: But don't ask me... I spent well over my budget for CDs this month.

Thankgod for loopholes! She didn't specify others couldn't burn you cd's or your friends or whatever couldn't go in and buy your cd's.......
Did she?

1 month is really not that long.

come on people!

But maybe I am just bitter that I have no money and can't buy any new CDs.

since i've been unemployed (aka since october, sweet god) i've only bought three or four cd's. it is SERIOUSLY making me completely insane. it blows hard.

I want Radiohead.

Albumn due out in June.

That will most likely be the next albumn I buy.

This post reminds me of celebrity Jeopardy.

Jeopardy board reads: Abulmn Covers

Sean Connery: Yes Alex, I'll take Anal Bum Cover for $200

Cracks me up every time. I think SNL should have Celebrity Jeopardy on every episode, but they never do :(.

Back
Top Bottom