It's Official #Beriberi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Tulp, Nicolaas. Observationes Medicae. Leyden: George Wishoff, 1739.

"The first clinical descriptions of beriberi were by Dutch physicians, Bontius (1642) and Nicolaas Tulp (1652). Tulp treated a young Dutchman who was brought back to Holland from the East Indies suffering from what the natives of the Indies called beriberi or "the lameness." Tulp's description of beriberi was a detailed one, but he had no clues that it was a deitary deficiency disease. This discovery came more than two hundred years later. Nicholaas Tulp (1593-1674) is best remembered as the central figure in Rembrandt's famous painting, "The Anatomy Lesson" (1632).

What book was it where the character lied and said somebody was sick because of that?

Okay, it might have been more than one book...but anyway...oh, whatever.

Bonochick said:
What book was it where the character lied and said somebody was sick because of that?

Okay, it might have been more than one book...but anyway...oh, whatever.

A Clockwork Orange?
(guessing...)

:up:

Marty (proud of the Dutch!)

Hi Meggy,

I seen the specsavers ad today with the animals talking about contact lenses. :up:

I thought of you when I saw it, I would have gone looking for the thread you started about it,
but I'm lazy :D

I feel better, had some sleep, ate breakfast, went for a walk....

So let me see if I have this right

The Dutch are beriberi, not lame, and sometimes wear monkey pants

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

fah said:

Not to sound completely ignorant but maybe, I don't know what it is.

Instant Messaging! :up:

Instead of waiting for answers here...you can talk with people on the Internet in real time!

AOL, MSN and Yahoo all have free services! Most of the people on Interland have the service too!

No, I do not have IM:sad:

I have a hard enough time keeping up with all my email.

Email at home and work is not a good thing.

I know I should look into it though....maybe someday

YOu mean, you are able to keep up with all the messages in your e-mails (home and work) as well as the conversations you are having in here?

I don't like killing anything, ok maybe spiders in my house but thats about it.

I asked Mr fah about IM and he said 'no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no'. He said some other things too.:wink:

salome!

fah said:
I asked Mr fah about IM and he said 'no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no'. He said some other things too.:wink:

Does he think you spend to much time here? :grumpy:

Ha....he should see how much time I here.

Back
Top Bottom