It's Official beautiful scenic drives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
i have been a road warrior the past two days. my job has required that i travel to Gadsden AL and Knoxville TN in the span of 48 hrs via car.

yesterday i took my favorite alternate route to Gadsden from Atlanta. this route was on the old US Hwy and not the Interstates. the drive as suspected and usual was beautiful. driving along the Mountain ranges in the fall time with the windows down and the wind blowing through my crazy hair is the best feeling in the world. it made me relax and want to just stop along the way and go hiking. i drove through a very small town about an hr. north west of Atlanta. it was a Norman Rockwell type town. 1 general store, 1 fudge shop, 1 nursery, 1 gas station and 1 school. they are having a fall festival in the coming weeks and i think i will make the drive again to enjoy the festival. i had dinner last night in Oxford AL at the wonderful Cracker Barrel. :drool: can't beat good country cookin' even if it is from a chain resturant. i returned home last night at 10:15 PM.

tonight i am in Knoxville, TN. it was about a 3.5 hr drive from Atlanta. again i drove through the mountain ranges however via I-75. it was still a beautiful drive on this trip i am able to see the Great Smokies and again drive with my windows down. it is cold here tonight in Knoxville and it feels very much like fall. there is a freeze warning and i am loving it. i love seeing pumpkin patches, fall festivals and smelling the dry leaves. :heart:

anyway here is to the beautiful fall weather and my beloved Southeast. :heart:

i should bring my camera w/ me everytime i travel, that was i can take pictures of the places that i am falling in love with.

Last edited:
We drive for 2 hours almost every weekend from April-October to get to our cabin. It is a really pretty drive most of the way. It passes through the river valley and bluffs. It is especially beautiful this time of year. I guess we drive it so often that I take it for granted.

I am also looking forward to the drive I'll be taking next month when I go from Nashville up into the foothills near the Kentucky border to see my Gandma. I-40 is not my favorite road with all the Semis, but it can be a pleasant drive. I hope the car I rent will have a CD player. The radio station I used to listen to isn't around anymore and I haven't found a new one that I like as well.

I'm about to go to Cullman. My medieval re-enactment group is doing an event tomorrow and the weather is perfect for it. In a few weeks I will be going to a great big gathering in Georgia, between Atlanta and Macon. It will be fun! Sometimes nothing beats getting the heck out of town.

:wave: Iris!

I am on the other side of tennessee right now (Memphis)! I think the East side of the state is prettier, but I am not sure if I will make it too far off of the aiprort property the next three days. :(

And Mr. BAW :shame:

so on my drive back to atlanta i made a pitstop at the chickamagua national military park. i love american history, especially civil war history. i can't believe this place is only 1.5 north of me and up to today have never been there. :down: this should have been a required field trip when i was in grade school.

:eek: :reject: and something is really wrong with me. i looked at a photograph that was taken of Union soliders and two of the soliders in the picture were very attractive. i was captivated by the photograph and thought to myself that they were hot. :tsk: i am sick. lol. but seriously, they were nice looking young men. i was drawn to this photo. it is interesting to view old war photos of soliders. i always wonder what they were thinking at that time, who they left behind, if they survived, etc.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
Maybe you should check out the next civil war battle re-enactment in the area?

Hey, some of the people I do medieval re-enactment with also do Civil War re-enactment. I don't, but I've got connections! MVD if you want me to investigate this I can. I agree, it doesn't matter which era, men can be really hot.

Back
Top Bottom