It's Official beautiful scenic drives - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official... > It's Official Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 07:50 AM
It's Official beautiful scenic drives

i have been a road warrior the past two days. my job has required that i travel to Gadsden AL and Knoxville TN in the span of 48 hrs via car.

yesterday i took my favorite alternate route to Gadsden from Atlanta. this route was on the old US Hwy and not the Interstates. the drive as suspected and usual was beautiful. driving along the Mountain ranges in the fall time with the windows down and the wind blowing through my crazy hair is the best feeling in the world. it made me relax and want to just stop along the way and go hiking. i drove through a very small town about an hr. north west of Atlanta. it was a Norman Rockwell type town. 1 general store, 1 fudge shop, 1 nursery, 1 gas station and 1 school. they are having a fall festival in the coming weeks and i think i will make the drive again to enjoy the festival. i had dinner last night in Oxford AL at the wonderful Cracker Barrel. can't beat good country cookin' even if it is from a chain resturant. i returned home last night at 10:15 PM.

tonight i am in Knoxville, TN. it was about a 3.5 hr drive from Atlanta. again i drove through the mountain ranges however via I-75. it was still a beautiful drive on this trip i am able to see the Great Smokies and again drive with my windows down. it is cold here tonight in Knoxville and it feels very much like fall. there is a freeze warning and i am loving it. i love seeing pumpkin patches, fall festivals and smelling the dry leaves.

anyway here is to the beautiful fall weather and my beloved Southeast.

i should bring my camera w/ me everytime i travel, that was i can take pictures of the places that i am falling in love with.

Old 10-02-2003, 09:33 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:50 AM
Cubs in 4!!!

Old 10-02-2003, 09:36 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
are you trying to piss me off? seriously, this was intended to be a nice thread. i don't want to see braves and cubs shit in this thread.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

It is a nice thread and I am just yanking ur chain!

Old 10-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

please don't. i am not in a joking mood about them. obviously some of y'all don't understand how stressful this time of year is for me.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:15 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:50 AM
go take a drive or something

Old 10-02-2003, 10:21 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Iris, I enjoyed reading about your lovely drives and how happy they made you. I understand; the open road and new places can be healing!
Old 10-02-2003, 10:34 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Thank you Martha.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:45 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

We drive for 2 hours almost every weekend from April-October to get to our cabin. It is a really pretty drive most of the way. It passes through the river valley and bluffs. It is especially beautiful this time of year. I guess we drive it so often that I take it for granted.

I am also looking forward to the drive I'll be taking next month when I go from Nashville up into the foothills near the Kentucky border to see my Gandma. I-40 is not my favorite road with all the Semis, but it can be a pleasant drive. I hope the car I rent will have a CD player. The radio station I used to listen to isn't around anymore and I haven't found a new one that I like as well.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:49 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

My rental car today does not have a CD player. I was not happy to see that this afternoon when I picked up the car. I was hoping to at least have XFM, because AVIS apparently is now renting cars with XFM. I have yet to see this with any of my rentals.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:39 AM   #11
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Avis
Old 10-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:50 AM
Enjoy the simple solitude of driving without music. You will probably see more on your drive.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 AM
I'm about to go to Cullman. My medieval re-enactment group is doing an event tomorrow and the weather is perfect for it. In a few weeks I will be going to a great big gathering in Georgia, between Atlanta and Macon. It will be fun! Sometimes nothing beats getting the heck out of town.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Iris!

I am on the other side of tennessee right now (Memphis)! I think the East side of the state is prettier, but I am not sure if I will make it too far off of the aiprort property the next three days.

And Mr. BAW
Old 10-03-2003, 03:11 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:50 AM
If you ask me, all of the teams are winners
Old 10-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

so on my drive back to atlanta i made a pitstop at the chickamagua national military park. i love american history, especially civil war history. i can't believe this place is only 1.5 north of me and up to today have never been there. this should have been a required field trip when i was in grade school.

and something is really wrong with me. i looked at a photograph that was taken of Union soliders and two of the soliders in the picture were very attractive. i was captivated by the photograph and thought to myself that they were hot. i am sick. lol. but seriously, they were nice looking young men. i was drawn to this photo. it is interesting to view old war photos of soliders. i always wonder what they were thinking at that time, who they left behind, if they survived, etc.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:11 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Hot guys are hot guys, no matter what the era.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:04 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Old 10-06-2003, 05:17 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Maybe you just like men in uniform.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

that i do. but yeah dudes from the 1860's?