It's Official..."Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww" has got to be one of the top 10 annoying sounds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
It's Official..."Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww" has got to be one of the top 10 annoying sounds!

This never used to bother me. Not until my senior year of high school when we were watching one sitcom or another in my Social Problems class and my teacher (who I had and sometimes still HAVE a major crush on...but that's really beside the point :wink: ) pointed out how annoying it is when there's a happy scene or something and the audience is like, "Awwwwwwwwww..." Even right then I didn't think it was annoying. I think it was only after a couple years of thinking about it that it really started to irk me. And it's not just in sitcoms. When people do it in everyday life it's also VERY annoying. The scary thing is that I still do it too sometimes, and then I have to smack myself!

i hate the sound of whispering. and the 'shhhhhhhhhhhh' sound. it enrages me. i don't know why.

:crack:

daisybean said:
I think that the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's when anyone kissed on Saved By The Bell annoys me the most.

Now I have that sound in my head...and it makes me laugh like a loon, for some reason...:lmao:

daisybean said:
I think that the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's when anyone kissed on Saved By The Bell annoys me the most.

:yes: That too! I guess most of that sitcom stuff does, unless it's just normal laughing. I always hate it when you can hear one person with an obnoxious laugh that totally stands out. :lol: I remember when I was in The Sound of Music in high school there was a guy in the audience one night who just kept laughing so loud and we were all chuckling about it backstage.

I agree...there was one episode of friends that I had to turn off because there was one woman in the audience laughing so loud and annoyingly. It hindered my enjoyment of the show.

I thought I was just being a freak when it came to those things.

daisybean said:
I agree...there was one episode of friends that I had to turn off because there was one woman in the audience laughing so loud and annoyingly. It hindered my enjoyment of the show.

I thought I was just being a freak when it came to those things.

Do you remember which episode it was? Just curious because I'm a Friends-o-holic. :lmao:

Ps. You wouldn't have liked to be around one of the roomies I had last semester...My GOD! She laughed louder and more obnoxiously than anyone I've ever heard in my life! We'd have to turn up the tv really loud just so we could hear it!

Screaming Flower said:
i hate the sound of whispering. and the 'shhhhhhhhhhhh' sound. it enrages me. i don't know why.
i do!! because someone's telling someone else to be quiet, yet they're making as much or more noise than the other person by shushing them.

people eating cereal with their mouth open

actually any loud breathing, open mouth eating well drive me batty

yeah the 'oooohhh' sound in saved by the bell has got to be the most annoying lol ;)

tho snoring/heavey breathing is annoying too.

and when u are eating and can hear somebody else eating ... like when they have theor mouth wide open. :no: makes me feel sick.:ohmy:

oh another thing ... when u go to a show when its time to clap tehres always one person (or maybe a few) that have to clap like for ages :| u know like way on and on after the majority has stopped clapping :p

Back
Top Bottom