it's official#australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I have this huge desire to visit Australia right now. Never been there, but I want to hop on a plane this minute and hob nob with the people from Who Dares Wins and tour the Gold Coast, travel the outback, visit Uluru, and of course, make the Alice Springs joke on the flight.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I have this huge desire to visit Australia right now. Never been there, but I want to hop on a plane this minute and hob nob with the people from Who Dares Wins and tour the Gold Coast, travel the outback, visit Uluru, and of course, make the Alice Springs joke on the flight.

what a coincidence, i just got back from Australia(Mulwalla and Tasmania):up:

ah yes. i think i saw dear ol' mike whitney on some soap when we got the aussie channel on cable tv here (it's cancelled now, but it was fun watching aussie rules even if i know fuck all about it)

the alice springs joke is the one where this lady asks a flight attendant where alice springs is and she looks flustered and says, hey, i'm sorry, she's not on this flight.

i still want to visit australia though. :|

samralf said:
I'd like to go but I don't think I could stand to be on a plane for 20 hours.:no:

i left from boston and the flight to australia was fifteen hours and the flight back from melbourne was only 12 or 13...still terrible, though, however, they keep you amused :wink:

That'd be the same Mike Whitney Yertle. :wink:

He rates up there with Eddie McGuire. Betty and I LOVE Eddie McGuire! So much so that if we ever saw him in the street we'd run him over :wink:

And Betty, it was about music der!
:p

aww you got to love a man who would do this.....now what comedy show was it, Money or the Gun?? at the end of each episode they would get in a person to sing the song they were famous for...but they always got it slightly wrong eg. Joan Kirner instead of Joan Jett singing "I Love Rock and Roll"
The first one I ever saw was Mike Whitney, (instead of Whitney Houston), in full drag i.e the outfit she wore in "The Bodyguard" gold metal bra etc. seriously singing "I Will Always Love You". He put his heart and soul in to it( a lot of Aussie sports ppl fancy themselves as musicians). I shall never forget that image...he even got the high notes...almost :lmao:

I thought the "Alice Springs joke" was going to be something about the dead centre:D
:up: to burning desires...good luck yertle

my understanding of cricket can be neatly summed up by Jeremy Brown (Barry Evans) in Mind Your Language. Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact quote, but it went something like "cricket is fairly simple, you try to get the person out by going in by putting the ball out so the person can go out when you go in"

Back
Top Bottom