It's Official: AOL is cool :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~fairy_girl~ said:
aol's fine for me :wave:

only use it for emails tho, i hate the browser lol ;) and never tried the messenger thingy.

but i hate the fact that it doesnt provide an outgoing mail server for use with outlook express :slant:

go to Keyword: Communicator. You will find a new AOL email client that is not a total piece of crap. Communicator will let you use POP and IMAP protocols, manage multiple accounts, sync with your AOL address book, etc. It is in preview release right now, but is pretty sweet. Also has an intergrated AIM Client and can be used simultaneously with the general AOL mail system. Lots of FAQs at the keyword

Use an external browser.

Last edited:
I thought AOL 7.0 was junk when I tried it, but it was a free trial and AOL internet access is better than no internet access. They gave me about 7 months free. I like 8.0 quite a bit...and you can turn off the meowing sounds in IM if you want. AOL won't let you use your own buddy icon like AIM will. :mad: But they have a lot to choose from...sadly, no U2 icons. And I get toooooooons of spam in AOL because all they have to know is your username...spammers just collect names from people who go in chatrooms, because they don't even have to go in the rooms to see the usernames in them. AOL is certainly not worth what people are paying for it, though. It's a total ripoff. If they charged a lot less for it it might be a good deal. And yeah, it does mess with computers...it crashed mine a few times, but most of the time it works ok. That's all the input I have. I'll shut up now. :D

I unfortunatly have AOL.But,Heehee,it's unlimited.i been on for um...a year and a half just paying my ebillit crap of $28.99 U.S..It's 8.0 and my noise is a fecking airgun.I'm a race nut too.lol

AOL...AlwaysOfflineLosers.
I say that cause when you got a problem asking for LiveHelp it's messed up or not online.FIX THAT PLEASE!!!Otherwise shite is just peachy keene,

~MacPhisto~

Back
Top Bottom