It's Official# Ants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I have those big blacks ants in my house, and for 2 weeks I have been trying to get rid of them by using this product called Terro. They are supposed to eat it and bring it back to their nest. Well it's not helping. They keep coming back!!! :help:

We have soooooo many flies in our house. :crack: We've talked to our neighbors, and I guess it's common in our area. Everybody has a problem. And as soon as I grab the swatter, they scatter. Smart little buggers. :madspit:

The other night in the bathroom, I refused to get in bed until I killed this one really annoying one. I closed the door so he couldn't escape and went nuts. My boyfriend was in bed, listening to every crash, bang, and sassy word (I think he was highly entertained). Then...my moment of triumph came when I finally killed him.

But I still heard that annoying buzz.

Then I realized there were two more flies.

Well, I had to kill them too before I could go to bed! :angry:

:shiverswiththeheebiejeebies:

Ew!! I had those once in a house Mr. Blu & I rented when we first got married. I came home one night when Mr. Blu was at work to find the kitchen CRAWLING with these huge black ants!! :yuck:

I'm not squeamish about bugs, but I promptly set off TWO foggers in that little kitchen, shut the door & got the Hell out of the house for several hours!! When I came home, there was carnage everywhere in the kitchen, but they were all dead & never came back!! :laugh: The thought of all those shiny, black ants everywhere still makes my skin crawl when I think about it & that's been over 10 years ago!! :ohmy:

TD you really need to get some Ant spray - and leave the carcasses for a few days to scare off any other ants who might come looking for some treats :shifty:

bonosloveslave said:
TD you really need to get some Ant spray - and leave the carcasses for a few days to scare off any other ants who might come looking for some treats :shifty:

I am using Ant spray as well, but I've been sweeping up the dead ones. Never thought about leaving their carcasses around.

Thank you bls. :bow:

tiny dancer said:

I am using Ant spray as well, but I've been sweeping up the dead ones. Never thought about leaving their carcasses around.

Thank you bls. :bow:

Hopefully it will work for you - we've had 2 bouts already this season - and no food that I could see them going for. The first time, I did the spray, cleaned eveything really well, and left out traps. About 2 weeks later, they were back. The second time I sprayed, I left the dead ones out for a few days (just the ones on the floor). Haven't had a recurrence in about 2 months :)

Ooooh oooooooooooooh I just saw this on the news this morning:hyper: to get rid of ants spray your countertops or whatever they are crawling on with a mixture of white vinager and water. ......and if you have mice soak a cottonball in pure peppermint oil and leave it where to are...it will send em packin:wink:

Cassis said:
:applaud:

^ tip of the month

:wink:

the peppermint works for all rodents too:yes:

now....that solution works for black ants..for red and fire ants it was suggested you mix wet cat food...GRAPE jelly and Boric acid together..form alittle ball and leave it by the ant hole....the ants will take it too the queen..she will eat it, die and then no more colony..they will move on:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom