It's Official #Another Slightly Gross Story about Teeth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
This morning I went for surgery #1 of 2 for my dental implants. Woohay. :| They had told me I'd only be getting Novocaine, which I was okay with...until the surgery started. I do not dig hearing and occasionally seeing, if I dared to open my eyes, holes being drilled into my hard palate. Worse, the Novocaine wore off a little about halfway through, so I needed more shots. :( To finish off my adventure, when they were all finished, I went to rinse out my mouth and blood was coming out in BLOBS. I kiddeth you not.

Today I am home from work and in a lot of pain, and not having a whole lot of fun lying on my couch with ice packs. My rotten siblings finished all the Carnation Instant Breakfast mix on me, and I can't bite into anything to save my life.

So. Whose day was less fun than mine?

You got me beat.

Although, the day has just begun.

I'll see what I can do.

:up:

Just remember that it's only a little while before you'll be eating corn on the cob again, or something ultimately bad for your teeth.

I don't like your dentist. They should have gave you more than just novocaine for that procedure. I think you should kick his ass. :mad:

hmmm, that reminds me of the time i went to get a filling done, and they didn't wait long enough for the novocaine to set in, so i could kinda feel the drilling. needless to say, i don't go to him anymore and i'm so glad i haven't needed another filling as i think i've been scarred now. however i may need gum surgery in a few years. :yikes:

however, the only time i've had dental work like that done, i was knocked out by way of iv, with gas beforehand. were you given that option, or did they just tell you you could only get novocaine? that's insane. i wouldn't do that for anything worse than like a root canal, anything more extensive i'd offer an iv or something, or if there's a stronger painkiller other than novocaine that i do not know of.

Zoney, I'm glad your Dad is doing okay and is safe and sound at home. :up:

KR, yes gas is good :up:

I'm having surgery on my upper gums tomorrow, and all that they are giving me is novocaine. I hope it doesn't wear off. I wanted to put out for it , but the insurance won't cover it. I know that I am going to be in a lot of pain once it's over. :yikes:

tiny dancer said:
I'm having surgery on my upper gums tomorrow
please post extensive updates on how you progress and feel, since as i said i think i'll probably have to get it done. however, i'll insist on getting knocked out. i would assume if they would give me the gas for my wisdom teeth, they'd give me gas for that, too.

and most importantly, good luck with your surgery tomorrow! i hope you're not in too much pain! :hug:

Be happy you are getting dental implants, rather than a bridge. What people don't know necessarily is that they destroy perfectly good surrounding teeth to fit it on, and that the area with the removed teeth will eventually progress to total bone loss. It is very gross and inhumane that we even still do bridges.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom