it's official # annoying call!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
So we have the Do Not Call Registry now, supposedly to keep the damn telemarketers from calling. We're on it. So why did I just get a call from a particularly annoying telemarketing outfit???:rant: :yell: :censored: :censored: :censored:

nbcrusader said:
There are some big loopholes in the law for certain categories of companies - charities, political groups, etc.

So probably some really clever liars can get away with this. It's not like these guys were ever known for their honesty in the first place. Damn. :censored: :censored: :censored:

bonosloveslave said:
You can also just say, "Please remove me from your calling list" and they have to do it.

I wished that worked with the Red Cross. I donated blood a couple of times and then proceeded to get calls non-stop, even on Sunday evenings. I asked them to remove me from the call list, but a week later they were at it again.

Now, I donate blood directly to local hospitals.

since I have lots of free time I usually let them finish the entire speech they have before I hang up on them :shrug:

very noble of you Salome...that means they are not calling someone else during that time. A gentleman and a scholar!

Salome said:
since I have lots of free time I usually let them finish the entire speech they have before I hang up on them :shrug:

i do the same...i'll even say 'no thanks, i'm not interested' and if they continue to say 'but ma'am...blah blah blah' then i hang up on them.

I used to get this one annoying telemarketing call about home security all the time! I finally got pissed and told him "No! I don't need any security. I have ICBM's in my backyard So, I'm covered"

Back
Top Bottom