It's Official all of Chicago is in Atlanta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
go cubs

*waits for flames!

-reasoning, the Braves have been underachieving in the playoffs for years now, give someone else a chance to lose later on! And the Cubs have been hard up for so long. They deserve it.

the cubs deserve it for being so crappy for so long? please

now you know how i feel miss dress, 90% of the people that go here are from chicago

ok, maybe not that many, but a lot, somebody shoot me

all of atlanta should hide their wine

or else sammy might steal the cork

Please Chizip.

Tell me who deserves to win the girl more in a romantic comedy:

1) The ladies man who always gets women but then dumps then because he can't commit.

OR

2) The nice, semi-loser guy who has had no real success with women and just needs a chance to prove himself.

You may say 1) just to be contrarywise, but if so you are dumb.

this is baseball, not a romantic comedy

a team that has been doing things right and running a class organization year after year deserves success more than a bunch of jackasses like the cubs

*sigh

actually you could argue that underdogs deserve to win from time to time.

Sometimes *cough* yankees *cough* money is all that determines a winner.

Dusty Baker has done well with the Cubs this year. They are not mis-managed.

thats why i am rooting for the marlins

they are the lovable underdog type

the cubs are the type of people who dont do anything, but then when they do gloat like their is no tomorrow

the fish need to fry. i hate the marlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandwagon?

Not sure what you speak of. Again, I have been goingto and cheering for the Cubs a lot longer than Chizip has been dressing himself...wait, I think I need a better example.

oh, and don't make me go searching for the fourth dorkiest photo from my childhood (anyone remember me posting that one? Screaming Flour? Me with my socks up to my knees, standing outside of Wrigley in a plastic Cubs helmet).

Classic 1970s.

My point is...this is not a bandwagon.

I like the Braves. I won't deny that.

And I can cheer for my PRIOR home team (the Twins) and my current home team (the Cubs). Check back with me when they play each other.

Maybe if some of you lived in more than one place your whole life, you would understand your loyalties to the different cities. :D

Dodgers/Angels: Forced into fanship by a grandfather and California relatives. First gam ever...Dodgers and Pirates.

Yankees: Second game ever..lived 15 miles from the stadium. Worked as a bellhop in a hotel where the Yankees LIVED (bernie Williams and others no longer on the current team). I would drive them to the stadium, and drink with them after the game. It was a fun summer.

Twins: Always had family in Minnesota that encouraged me to be a Twins fan. Took me to the old Met Stadium, and then the Metrodome. I moved there in 1991 - just in time for their second world Championship. My first break as a reporter was writing for the Twins Magazine. My first big Interview: Kirby Puckett.

Cubs: More family. Charming stadium. Charming team. College friends from Chicagoland turned me on, and every visit to Chicago included a Cubs game. Now I live in Illinois.

Anything else?

I am tired of the Yankees dominance. I want something fresh and new. Twins and Cubs are where its at!

And I will cheer for the Twins over the Cubs.

last time i checked champaign, illinois is not chicago

and if and when i move i will never change my devotion, i am a cardinals fan for life, rooting for someone else is like blasphemy

hey chizip, blow it our your ass. just because you are the world's biggest bitter crybaby doesn't mean you need to rain on everyone's parade. your whining is rather unbecoming and it's getting very old. we know you hate the cubs, the city of chicago, anyone who lives in chicago and anyone who has ever had anything remotely to do with chicago. EVERYONE knows. congratulations. we're all thrilled for you. repeating it incessantly will not make the cardinals suddenly appear in the playoffs, nor will it make you sound at all intelligent.

news alert: no one gives a rat's ass about the cardinals. get over it already.

i swear everytime anyone even mentions chicago you have some sort of bizarre meltdown. obsess much? it's not healthy to dwell on things like you do - you might want to look into medication or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom