It's Official all of Chicago is in Atlanta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chill, Iris.

I don't appreciate being attacked over a silly game. Really.

I had fun joking with you about the lack of fans in Atlanta, but I feel you have taken it to far.

*blows whistle*

time out everyone ...

seriously ...

it's a game ...

root for who ever the heck you want to and have fun ...

there are far more important things in life than sports.

why do people get soooo wrapped up in something they have NO control over?

I find sports entertaining....exciting. They are even a fun thing to bond over. But to get that wrapped into it that you have to tell people to "Fuck off" because they don't follow the standards of "who to cheer for" - or, beat their wives after their team loses on a sunday afternoon...or go on a rampage through the village streets, smashing windows, burning cars etc. (soccer hooligans).

It is a form of entertainment. I love sports...but just can't wrap myself in them to that point.

Humans are interesting.

Angela Harlem said:
haha slomey and i are only mucking around ja :) he's a closet pool fan you see....but my team suck arse and he knows it....
:(

:D
ja!

except fo rthe me being in a closet part :mad:

:kiss:

Pinball Wizard said:
I have seen the same, or worse from dense music fans. Dare I say, u2 fans? :shhh:

not just U2 fans. But yes.

Ang...I am going to "take care of it" offline with Iris! :D

I was just bringing up a convo piece. :shrug:

I have no idea what you are all talking about

*sings to self while oblivious to conversation in this thread*

I dont get why ppl argue over sports teams - you should all come to Ireland. The Tyrone and Armagh supporters get on swimmingly despite Tyrone beating Armagh in the All Ireland finals. They all went out boozing together in the union together on Monday and discussed who they think will win next year. :up: My Dad is a tyrone fan, I was supporting Armagh. He said he wants Derry to win next year. Ill shut up now :|

Oh they did indeedy :up: It was a really good match. I thought Armagh would win myself. Histroic match - 2 Ulster teams playing. I touched the Sam Maguire cup once. Back in 1995 I think it was. Met nearly all the Derry players.

I wish I could have gone and watched it :angry:

My uncle says next year he will get me tix for the all ireland final :hyper: He gets tix for everything. He used to play for Antrim.

mvd, if it makes you feel any better, my dad's watching that game on television right now, and he's rooting for the braves. we have no major league anything in our city, no baseball, no football, okay we have basketball but i don't watch that.

hehe, will do. congrats on them winning. :wink:

oh, and this is a bit of related info. i was in atlanta in 01 to attend a concert, and on the way to the concert that night, i drove past turner stadium. it wasn't baseball season though so no braves game that night, but i've never seen a baseball stadium so huge! (which is of course because i've only been in minor league stadiums.)

Back
Top Bottom