it's official #airline tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
well i think i bought my airline tickets to go to NYC for Halloween yesterday.

i ordered the E-tickets off the website which should be emailed to me.
however, i still have not gotten them in my email.
i'm starting to get worried cuz when i first tried to buy the tickets off travelocity, the transaction wasn't accepted (i've been bad with my credit card payments :uhoh: but i did make them, although it was late and the minimum amount)

so now i'm getting worried cuz i haven't gotten the tickets yet.
however, when i go to the view reservations section on the AA website, the status says "Purchased".

anyone bought tickets from AmericanAirlines website know how long it takes them to issue the tickets? usually thru travelocity when i've bought tickets in the past, i got the tickets right away. i've never ordered direct from the airlines on the website tho.

i buy e-tickets all of the time. i have purchased a flight before off of AA as well. you should have received a confirmation email w/ the confirmation w/in mins of placing your order. you will need to call AA to find out why your confirmation has not been mailed. from what i recall, you do not get the actual ticket. only a confirmation. you will have to go to the ticket counter, to get your actual boarding card. just have your Gov't Issued ID ready to hand to the agent. that is all you will need, she/he will pull up your reservation information and print off your boarding card. that is all you will need to do. but call AA to confirm that your ticket order was placed w/ out any problems.

Last edited:
AA employs prison inmates for very cheap. or they once did

(to take calls for reservations)

We fly American exclusively and we've never had a problem immediately pulling our E-ticket...by the time you read this I hope you would have called AA customer service...

Your Friend, Mr. B

unfortunately i'm at work for another 10 minutes and will have to wait until i get home to call them :huh:

crap :angry:

well i called them...just like i feared, my card was denied :banghead:

my credit card doesn't have enough credit left on it...i suck :reject:

OK...

You live in Dallas. Hub airlines in Dallas include AA and Southwest and a minor hub for Delta.

The only options for a direct flight for you to NYC is AA, pretty much. Otherwise, you get to connect. therefore, you hav a better chance at finding a fair on AA.

vegas?

I went a billion places on a plane before Vegas.

and europeans, I am sure, aren't going to chase off to Vegas first chance they get.

And lowercase and I just may throw heinie bottles at them if they do.

there are a million places I would fly before vegas as well but from the LA area its become cheaper to fly then drive, plus it's only an hour flight

really? how much does a roundtrip cost?

It would take me at least 2 hours to get to LAX though, more if traffic is bad, so it's not that convenient for me.

mellyinsf said:

Really? How is this possible?:confused:

I dont need a plane to travel around Ireland like :| I can do it in a car in less than 10 hours from Belfast to the South of Ireland.

zoney! said:
Don't you pay a lot more for those cookies?

What about the champagne they serve? :hyper:

Nope ... cookies are complimentary ...

Ooooo ... champagne ... yes ... I love the free champagne with breakfast.

And free wine with lunch and dinner.

I want to work for Jet Blue! :hyper:

*ducks slap

I thought that Midwest is a bit more expensive because of the bigger seats and complimentary cookies and wine/champagne.

:shrug:

I hope they make it. I know that a certain airline I am way to familiar with set up a mini-hub in Milwaukee to try and kill off Midwest. :(

Last edited:
zoney, you are our resident airlines expert, what's really the best way to get a good deal on a flight (other than working for an airline :angry: )?

Looking for a ticket to Vegas from MI Oct 25, return Oct 28 :sexywink:

cheap fare:

I really don't have an inside track for you. All I know is how I got cheap fares in the past (I was the king at it). And working for the airline doesn't always help. But here are a few ways to go:

* Check the websites DAILY (hotwire, all airlines flying from your area, travelocity, etc. etc.). I did that for the Vegas show two years ago, ended up wit a $150 roundtrip fare.

* Oct. 25 through Oct. 28 are actually good days to fly (for cheaper fares). Book soon though. 21 and 14-day advance is your best bet.

* Try different times of the day with the different flights (if on an airline website). It may be cheaper to take that REALLY early flight. It could mean the difference of a few hundred dollars (depending on the seat availability).

Try Southwest out of Detroit! (look at me, offering the competition). You may have to stop in two cities, but, to your pocketbook, it may be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom