It's Official # Accents are hot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really have an accent

until I start trying to talk in english
then I sound like someone who has to be put out of his missery

I think it depends on the person's voice, really. I fell asleep on Sunday during East Enders and I kept waking up because some woman on that show has the most horrendous voice/accent combination I've ever heard. :no:

I left my spot close to the front of the stage last night at the Travis concert. :angry: Two reasons:

1) the six foot blonde detroitite who had to have smoked a pack-and-a-half during the concert (of course with her right hand, meaning her elbow was in my chest the whole show).

2) the sorority-type standing behind me with the high-pitched voice that would say "ohhhhh my fucking gawd - he is soooooo hot - I love his accent" everytime Fran Healy would speak. I wanted to strangle her. Then she freaked when I started dancing to "Circle." :grumpy:

they BOTH made my list. Until I moved, the show SUCKED.

Oh, and nonr Iron accents...I remember trying to carry-on a convo with a guy in a pub in Belfast....no fooking clue what he was saying. We were both sober. I swear.

zoney! said:

Oh, and nonr Iron accents...I remember trying to carry-on a convo with a guy in a pub in Belfast....no fooking clue what he was saying. We were both sober. I swear.

:laugh:

You gotta love norn iron accents liek

You must have got someone with a really strong irish accents - most of them arent that hard to understand- i see americans all the time at university and they never ask me to repeat myself or anything and seem able to understand me :der:

They have spanish students too and this week one of them started talking away to me in spanish - I told him i didnt speak spanihs though - even though I could probably have been able to speak to him a bit - but he freaked me out and was talking really fast..... :der:

Originally posted by bammo2
I like Cornish / Devon accents :drool:

does Somerset match up as well? we never get complimented for our corn-chewing, cider drinking bravado. ;)

There are some accents that make me wish it was physically possible to have sex with a voice.

I just wanted to say that everyone I have spoken to on the phone (interferencer-wise) and met in person (interferencer-wise) have such sweet voices. :love:

:angry:

I'm proud to be Yooper.

I love having to say, "No, I'm not Canadian!" to all of the people I live by now. :mad:

Bonochick said:
I :heart: Jesse Malin's Queens accent. :drool:

:yes:

Aside from Irish and English accents, I find New Yorker (the real ones) accents so cute. Listen to people from Staten Island and Queens. :laugh: :cute:

dizzy said:
Aside from Irish and English accents, I find New Yorker (the real ones) accents so cute. Listen to people from Staten Island and Queens. :laugh: :cute:

Um, I think Staten Island accents are worse than having to listen to Celine Dion for hours on end. I would take Celine any day! :crack:

zoney! said:
I just wanted to say that everyone I have spoken to on the phone (interferencer-wise) and met in person (interferencer-wise) have such sweet voices. :love:

you too ... :wink:

Bonochick said:
There are some accents that make me wish it was physically possible to have sex with a voice.

:yes:

Irish Fest in Milwaukee ... :drool: I like to speak with the vendors and musicians that come over from Ireland just to hear their accents.

Back
Top Bottom