It's Official#a thought for your penny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I was watching simpsons then

I would love to have a luann van houton clip of her talking to kirk to use in my message machine

but there are no clips of anyone talking to kirk van houten

any other cool idea for the message machine?

is it even called a message machine?
that doesn't sound right

My answering machine used to be that clip from "Seinfeld" of George's answering machine...when he was singing that song...

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home
Please leave a message at the beep
I must be out or I'd pick up the phone
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!"

:lmao:

Who cares if my name isn't George?

oh theres a really good one i found, although it only works for college students, which i suppose you KIND of are, but I dunno if your sis would approve :wink:

"A is for academics, B is for Beer. One of those reasons is why we're not here. Leave a message!" *beep*

:lmao: I just LOVE that one.

Ummm, I suck at answering machine messages.

Please never mention them again.

I can however suggest some things to avoid.

-don't do your own rap. This may seem like a funny/good idea, but really it's so easy to go wrong. And plus, how many Canadian Rappers have you seen lately?

-don't do one of those things where you're pretending to answer the phone. "hello, hello, HELLO?" This may get you some funny messages, but some people won't get it (and won't leave a message) and others will get annoyed quickly.

-don't have some girl do the message, because it might give some people the wrong impression.

mmm, I'm sure there are more but I just can't think of any just now.

Ya know...I seriously used to have a book full of funny answering machine message ideas...:hmm:

I think it got lost in the move though...along with my sanity.

ummmmm.....MEASTRO!!!!

ummm....CHOCLAIRE!!!

beotch!

I like this one:

Hi! ___'s answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.

Last year at university my message was: 'Hi. This is Janine. I'm not here right now. I have a life. Get over it."
--the caller's messages would always start off as either them laughing, or exclaiming "How rude!"

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Last year at university my message was: 'Hi. This is Janine. I'm not here right now. I have a life. Get over it."
--the caller's messages would always start off as either them laughing, or exclaiming "How rude!"

When I lived in the dorms, I had my machine play part of "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)"...it was kind of a longer clip. I changed it after my dad left me message along the lines of this:

"Kate!! This is long distance!! I don't want to pay to listen to some stupid song! I just want to leave you a message!"

:lmao:

presently mine is my roommate and i belting out "IT'S MY LIFE, IT'S NOW OR NEEEVERR!!! I AIN'T GONNA LIVE FOREVER!"

because the other night we sang almost that whole song in completion.

no tight pants though.

not that much jovi love (not up to bear's high jovi standards)

Back
Top Bottom