IT'S OFFICIAL #888

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
i'm a dumbass.

currently, i work at a hotel near my house, and i just put in my two weeks yesterday.
i only have a "maybe" with another job.

but that's not the bad thing.

my major in college is now hospitality (hotel/timeshare) management.
my mom is pissed at me for changing my major to that and is like "if you can't stand working at a hotel, why did you change your major?"
but she doesn't understand i just don't like THIS hotel. they can never hold down anyone for the front desk, which is where i work. i just pray they tell me they've already lined up somewhere else and they don't need me to come back at all.

so now that i've written this completely nonsensical post, does anyone else think i'm completely stupid for doing this? i mean managing a hotel (and i'm thinking more that i wanna manage a timeshare) is way different that some lousy front desk job right?

Grapes.

Better, zoney?

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-26-2002).]

yeah khan. I'd say so too. Front desk is mostly reception isnt it? I'm not trying to down play your current (?) role, but I think you'll be surprised at how much more you will get from your new major. Plus if the current hotel you are tentatively still working at doesn't want to help you get all the different skills you will need you dont want to stay there. You need to find a place that will put into practice all the new things you will be learning.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Um, Bonochick - why does every post have to turn into "once I" or "My (insert relative or pet) once..."?

I guess I'm just a fuckin' idiot or something.

Or I'm self-centered.

Oh yeah...and 888 is a palindrome.

Yay.

it's a shame. i would've been interested in hearing bonochick's story. instead i see grapes
tongue.gif

yeah angela, front desk is basically reception. all i do is answer the phone, and check people in and out. but that's not really why i wanna quit.
my managers are total assholes. when i was hired, i was told i'd be working two days a week. now, when i need to be studying for exams, they give me four days a week. so i have like no time to study. and the manager is like "i can't work that night." wtf? like i'm the only one who can or something. it makes me mad cuz i'm one of two people who are in school and the other guy only gets to work one day a week.

i gave them my notice yesterday morning and another girl was telling me that they can never keep the people who do what i do cuz they get tired of being screwed over by the managers.

Back
Top Bottom