It's Official #867-5309

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Random prank phone calls :up:

Maybe someone named Jenny should buy it. :sexywink:

Last edited:
sometimes when my brother and his friends get hammered, they call that number with various area codes and leave inappropriate messages. :shame:

:laugh:

$56,000 ... are you kidding me? I could think of a number of ways to have fun with $56,000 that don't include buying a phone number.

This is a joke auction.. lol. No way those people are actually going to pay that.

$80,000 and counting!

I've obviously put too much thought into this but I think its legitimate. There are a lot of businesses out there that would kill for this number. Its probably the only number in the country that most people know. I know I used to call it when I was a kid.
Anyway, all they need to do is drop a shitload of money for the number and set up a recording to answer it. If 60 people call it a day and one poor sap ends up buying whatever they are selling then it was a good purchase.

Anyway.

:reject:

*goes off to try to sell own random phone number...*

:shifty:

It could be company's bidding on the numbers.

I worked for a company that was trying to get a specific number (it created a word), but an individual owned it. The individual wanted "X" number of dollars. We bargained with him, but he held out, and we backed away.

Idiot should have taken what we offered him...now all he has is a phone number. :D

I heard that the phone company said that the winning bidder would be buying the phone but not the number or something :shrug: If that were the case then I think that'd be the most expensive cellphone ever LOL

I know guys who prank call by using the *67 that disables caller ID :ohmy: Of course most people won't answer or accept 'private' or 'unknown' callers, but these guys do it to leave rude messages on answering machines when they know the ppl aren't home:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom