IT'S OFFICIAL #846

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I've really grown tired of arguing in "Free Your Mind," but, for the life of me, I cannot stop arguing. I'm never one to back out in the middle of an argument, so I'm hoping to finish things up soon and back off for a while.

I really love "GOP-Controlled Whortense." She is probably my favorite Whortense of them all; she combines the political irony of Mr. MacPhisto with the naive arrogance and condescending elitism of Hyacinth Bucket from BBC's "Keeping Up Appearances." I really want to write my own TV show one of these days...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I read your posts in FYM (and the replies). In my view, some of the people there seem to direct their posts to you, instead of the topic of the argument.
icon25.gif

Oh, and I like the posts of GOP-Controlled Whortense!! She's funny...
icon14.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 02-10-2002).]

Take a break from that shit forum melon.

Seriously. I for one cant stand it.

GOP whortense is cute... try to keep it light with her though is my advice.

I have no opinion on Free Your Mind
should I ever feel the need to get an opinion about Free Your Mind I'll make sure to check with Bubba and Lemoniter first whether it's the right one

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i dunno. for fym i really think you have to pick and choose carefully on what you get involved in. i can really say i've only been involved in maybe 2 or 3 threads there and have thoroughly enjoyed each of them. having said that i'm usually off in my own world posting meaningless things about canadian media cross ownership or such that only get like 2 replies.
the new whortense is great, much entertainment!

------------------
i am ready to communicate with you

I love the new whortence! By far the best whortence yet.

Unfortunately for FYM, people get way to personal Melon. People do not understand the concept of "other opinions" and how people can have them, save U2Bama. I appreciate your debate with him, because you both understand "opinion" versus "fact" - I would take a break if I were you though!

Originally posted by zonelistener:

Unfortunately for FYM, people get way to personal Melon. People do not understand the concept of "other opinions" and how people can have them, save U2Bama. I appreciate your debate with him, because you both understand "opinion" versus "fact" - I would take a break if I were you though!

I agree....I really don't go there that much for this very reason.

My advice is also to take a break from that forum, melon.
smile.gif

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Unfortunately for FYM, people get way to personal Melon. People do not understand the concept of "other opinions" and how people can have them, save U2Bama.

yeah i know *cough*l-------*cough*

------------------
if there's secrets she has to be pardoned to every one of them, if there's heaven she gets to the heart...
ME!

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 02-11-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom