It's Official# $700

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be pleased with $700 usd, but I feel your pain. (I am hoping for around that, but in cad dollars.)

Last edited:
Go and pay off your loan witha big wad of cash but in the middle hide Monopoly money.....thats bound to work

I keep getting fake one squid coins well i got two of them and I go into the shop and the woman starts bouncing it on the floor and scratching it to see like this paint scratching off I felt like such a fraud by the time she let me out

Taxes suck. We pay high taxes here but at least tuition and rrsp's and the like are duductable, hence the hopeful $700 return.

i'm still getting W-2's and W-4's in the mail so i have no idea how much i get back. It better be at least $1000 or I'll fling poo.

My dad does my taxes for me...I have no clue how much I'm gonna get back. It's usually not too much, but it's at least something to stick in my savings.

My dad does my taxes for me too. I'm getting back $1400 and I'm sure as hell not complaining.

I got $1000 back last year, but I guess since I'm in a higher tax bracket now, I'm getting screwed over. I think I'm only getting 500 back from federal taxes and probably like 7cents back from state. I don't understand this deductible student loan stuff, though. :der:

I don't understand taxes. If they didn't owe me money, I would give up and just wait for them to come and arrest me. :crazy:

i don't even remember where i worked this year!!

my temp job? got that.
studio minus? got that.
the gym? NO!!!! assholes.

oh. that's all...i thought i was waiting on a few. i guess i was used to last year, when i worked three jobs during the entire summer of 2001.

You guys may not realize this, but it's actually better (theoretically) if you break even or have to pay a little bit. When you get a big refund, it's money that Uncle Sam has gotten to use interest-free over the past year that you (again, theoretically) could have invested and made money on. I know I'm not a huge investor or anything but I'm guessing there were quite a few times over the past year when an extra $50 two days before payday would have been quite handy for you. But I know, it generally feels good to get a refund check and it can be hard to come up with a few hundred dollars at tax time. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom