It's Official: 2006 sucks so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thora

Blue Crack Supplier
I don't know if it's just me and my best friend, but this year has been majorly sucking so far. We've been through a lot of crap in the last 5 months. 2005 was by far the best year for me in a long time, so in comparion 2006 blows.

Anyone else having a crappy year, or has 2006 been good for you?

^Is everything okay now Bonochick?

^^ Thora, it could always be worse, but I'm holding out for better!!

April 2006 sucked :huh: but I'm hoping the rest of the year will be looking brighter... Then again, some of the people I deal with through work are leaving their jobs :madspit:

So far 2006 has not been the best year for me family wise :(. Lost my grandfather now it looks as though my grandmother has something seriously wrong with her. Plus I found out right before Easter that one of my aunt's is dying of cancer. Hope 2006 looks up for those of you who are not having a good year :hug:

SunBloc said:
^Is everything okay now Bonochick?

Yeah, the accident was in March. My injuries have completely healed, leaving just one small scar. :up: I miss my old car, but now I have a newer car with less miles. She doesn't have all of the awesome things my old car had though, like a moon roof, leather interior, onboard computer, and heads up display. But she's still nice. I'm happy to have her. :)

No. 2004 was by far the most fucked year I'd ever had. 2005 was spent cleaning up 2004. So far this year has been fucking awesome. I am loving this year. It makes the memories of '04 and '05 fade. 2004 was so bad, I'm surprised no one died. I'm, not being a smartarse here. It was a shitful year. About the only thing that didn't happen was family or friends dying.
:sigh:

I hope you get where I am now and feel the relief of things going well. It makes a massive difference and we can easily forget the past then.
:up:

2006 has been great so far to me . I'm on vacation , watched my 1st u2 show ever , travelled to some great places , met some really nice girls , Hell I even very good that I'm having sucess in helping a big friend 'o mine with the girl he likes , in a nutshell everything is going smooth :D

Sorry for ya mate , but don't worry "Its just a moment , this time will pass " believe in this pal , and rock on ! :)

I'm hoping that 2006 will start to get better soon. So far a friend of mine died in January, my best friend's dad died in March, my dad is currently going thru a health crisis, and I've had some other stuff going on in my life.

2005 was just incredible in so many ways. I saw U2 in concert, had some awesome times with friends, two incredible vacations, a promotion at work, and lots of other great things.

I'm thinking positive, and am hopefull that the rest of the year will get better and better! :)

at the begging of the year things look good but not they look terrible.

ThoraSEB said:
I'm thinking positive, and am hopefull that the rest of the year will get better and better! :)
that's the spirit!! =) it's almost summer.
summer = good times.
hang in there!
chin up.

my 2006 has been medium. not stellar, but not bad, either. medium and content ;]

My 2006 started out very crappily, what with my parents splitting up :( . It's getting better now though, bit stressful cos of History Honours, plus U2 at the end of the year :hyper:.

My 2005 was probably the best year evah! I am not going to be too quick to say 2006 totally sucks because we are only 5 mos. into the year and I have some good things happening and to look forward to later in the year. So far in 2006 there have been sucky things at work, financially, with the Ex, losing my grandmother, health adjustments and some recent decisions I made that will get better with time.

My grandmother's voice is always in my head "Darlin, every day you wake up is a good day". It's true, it's how you deal with things, it's one day at a time sometimes but that's ok. When the crappy things happen reach for things and people who support you, take a few :hug:'s and repeat after me: "This, too, shall pass"!

Last week got some bad news about a close family member & also really disturbingly bad news about a friend. After a couple of crazy days with the news, I've kind of calmed down & realized that you can only do the best you can do & beyond that it really is in God's hands.

Carek's grandmother seems like she was a very wise person. Made me think of the things my grandmother used to say to me. :hug:

Well with my best friend dying in 2005 I didn't think this year could suck harder, but its sure trying too! :madwife: I'm just hanging on till July when I see Pearl Jam. I'm hoping that will be the thing that turns this crap around.

Its true though sometimes we have to hang in thru this stuff so when the good things happen we realize and enjoy them. :hug: for everyone who is having a hard year.

2005 wasn't the best year for me...

And the beginning of 2006 neither... But now it is starting to get better bit by bit..

I hope for all you non-lucky people out there that 2006 will be better for you!! :hug:

Russty Cat said:
Well with my best friend dying in 2005 I didn't think this year could suck harder, but its sure trying too! :madwife: I'm just hanging on till July when I see Pearl Jam. I'm hoping that will be the thing that turns this crap around.

I'm sorry Russty Cat... :( I hope you will feel better real soon... :hug:

I know how it is to lose a best friend... And it sure ain't nice :(

2003 was my worst year - but so far this year has been pretty good with the exception of only one week so far :up:

Here are my last five years:

2002 - disease free, all limbs manueverable, financially stable, people that love me, living in relative luxury compared to the rest of the world, hobbies keeping me busy = awesome year

2003 - disease free, all limbs manueverable, financially stable, people that love me, living in relative luxury compared to the rest of the world, hobbies keeping me busy = awesome year

2004 - disease free, all limbs manueverable, financially stable, people that love me, living in relative luxury compared to the rest of the world, hobbies keeping me busy = awesome year

2005 - disease free, all limbs manueverable, financially stable, people that love me, living in relative luxury compared to the rest of the world, hobbies keeping me busy = awesome year

2006 - disease free, all limbs manueverable, financially stable, people that love me, living in relative luxury compared to the rest of the world, hobbies keeping me busy = awesome year thus far.

Seriously, things are good.

2003-2004 weren´t great years for me but this year has been a lovely surprise. I am living abroad with my boyfriend, travelling more than I can afford and work very little hours a week. We will be going back to Ireland again in 2 weeks for just 3 weeks and then we´re off travelling again until August.

Oh goody, I'm not alone in the suck-dom of this year! While I am very grateful for the same things that wannabe mentioned--although I could use more "luxury", it seems my concerns are always financial which sure beats health *knocks on wood* so in that respect I'm fine....
But my eagerness/go-get-'em attitude about returning to school as a single mom has waned after receiving "feedback" from teammates for a team project that was a real blow to my ego and in general feeling pressure from all the other talented writers in my program (Prof. Writing) so my confidence is at an all time low, leading me to question if I'm cut out for this, is this really my path, etc. etc....
sorry to be so long-winded (I am a writer after all) but I have to spill somewhere...:(

4EVRU2 said:
Oh goody, I'm not alone in the suck-dom of this year! While I am very grateful for the same things that wannabe mentioned--although I could use more "luxury", it seems my concerns are always financial which sure beats health *knocks on wood* so in that respect I'm fine....
But my eagerness/go-get-'em attitude about returning to school as a single mom has waned after receiving "feedback" from teammates for a team project that was a real blow to my ego and in general feeling pressure from all the other talented writers in my program (Prof. Writing) so my confidence is at an all time low, leading me to question if I'm cut out for this, is this really my path, etc. etc....
sorry to be so long-winded (I am a writer after all) but I have to spill somewhere...:(

:hug: Im a writer too and I can completely sympathize with how you feel. If writing is truly what you love to do than don't let anything stand in the way of that. Sure even the best writer's in the world had their self doubting times. I honestly hope that you feel better soon :hug:

my most fun year started Summer 2004 (release of Killers "Hot Fuss") through U2's 3rd leg of the Vertigo Tour 2005. i went to concerts constantly in that span of time, including 3 Killers shows, 2 Doves, Coldplay, Oasis, 5 U2 concerts, Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Jet, Kasabian, etc. the last concert i went to was the 2 nights in Oakland Arena (U2) in November. since then there hasn't been any good bands playing concerts around northern california, and no new good albums. however, there are many albums coming out late 2006 from great bands, so the goodtime music scene should be starting up soon!

Back
Top Bottom